+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Songs That Drive You Insane

And i heard that the girls, from Translyvania i think don't know how to speak English!!! And absurd lyrics too! Ketchup song is way way better, although the chorus is nonsense ( really, it don't make any sense)
    All good things come to an end.

Here's a review of the Cheeky Song by the Cheeky girls from dotmusic.com

http://www.dotmusic.com/reviews/Sing...views27456.asp

Released on Mon 2 Dec 2002
    Label : Multiply

Don't you prefer novelty records to be performed by cartoon characters or puppets? At least you know that the people behind it have the decency to hide their faces from the shame and remain anonymous.

But the 'Cheeky Girls' (oh, they're so cheeky! hilarious) scrape the barrel of bad taste. Like the equally painful YMCA laughing stock from the first series, Cheeky Girls auditioned for Popstars: The Rivals thinking people would actually take them seriously. It's hard to believe, I know. Reality TV? Reality check more like.

The novelty act everyone loves to hate, they've managed to achieve one thing - release a single worse than Whigfield's 'Saturday Night'. And that's saying something.

A good enough reason to ban these shows.

Originally posted by KylieGrant
    Amen to that! Classic quote, Jodaar!

Also, I personally don't even think of Nelly as a rap artist. He's just pop, to me. "Take A Ride With Me" and "I Am Number One" and even "Hot in Herre" don't begin to reprsent anything resembling true rap music. I like the songs, but I recognize them as more pop than hip hop.
    Cool, I get props from KG. That always makes my day. I usually don't get all that worked up about a topic, but I did have 5 Mountain Dews & Christmas candy last night. So please forgive me if I went a little overboard with my little rant. I promise it will be the last one this year.

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by duckgirl
    Ah, Jenny from the Block. (Yeah, dating Ben Affleck sure proves your street cred).
    That comment just made my night.

"bling bling" is my favorite phrase that I always forget to say.
    Jodaar, I get what you're saying. It annoys me when rap videos are simply showcases for the artists' new possessions (boat, motorcycles, cars, tons of boo-tay, etc - see any Biggie video for examples). However, there are a lot of "respected" rappers that I can't take seriously cultural-wise because their lifestyle glorifies street violence. That's why I made the comment about selling out a culture; it seems to me that by promoting gang violence/glorifying bloody death at the hands of a rival rapper, etc., these folks are selling out their culture as well. Rather than work to change such things, they cash in on it (Puff Daddy and his "I'll be missing you" yadda yadda). Whether or not I like the music, I can't take these artists seriously as cultural commentators. I have a feeling we are working away at the ends of two completely different points though I don't think you went overboard. That was a very polite rant

So now I'm OT...a good source for songs that drive you insane is Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs. A masterpiece.

I'll also add John Mayer, "Your Body is a Wonderland" to the list. What a hideous song.

I don't know anything about rap or hip hop, but I would say that by collaborating with Nsync and Kelly Rowland, Nelly has firmly placed himself in the pop world for me.

I agree about Your Body is Wonderland - just appaling.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wow, I feel old.
    Have no clue what half the stuff is you guys are talking about.

But the one song that does drive me nuts is Who let the Dogs out...sadly the little people in the house love it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Cool, I get props from KG. That always makes my day. I usually don't get all that worked up about a topic, but I did have 5 Mountain Dews & Christmas candy last night. So please forgive me if I went a little overboard with my little rant. I promise it will be the last one this year.
    No problem, Jodaar. Differences of opinion are always appreciated.

Nancy- I agree with Who LEt The Dogs Out!

I hate Jenny from the Block. And I hate the song too. And WTF is with the video. Does that have ANYTHING to do with the song? No. And I don't believe she hates the paparazzi at all. You're not Lady Di, bitch.

She's such an airhead. Cue the interview she did with Diane Sawyer if you don't believe me. I downloaded 'Dear Ben' just to hear it once and wow - lame, lame, lame. Lost ALL respect for him.

Yeah, I have issues.

As far as Eminem. Stan is about the most powerful song ever written. And really, it destroys all the myths about him. I have so much respect for him... and say what you will, 8 Mile was no Crossroads.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I won't deny that Eminem is talented, Miss F, and I even like some of the music/rhythms he uses in his songs, etc. However, there are some songs of his which contain lyrics that are so homophobic and misogynistic that I cannot ignore them. I may not change the radio station as soon as I hear one of his songs come on, but I won't be bying any of his CD's in this lifetime, either.

I'm not defending his homophobic comments, believe me. I also have a bit of trouble with his misogynistic comments.

I can respect your position. I guess I just don't entirely buy that he's a homophobe, but has exploited those opinions to be controversial. Doesn't make it right though.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread