+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Songs That Drive You Insane

Re: Songs That Drive You Insane

Quote Originally Posted by reddahlia;2429161;
    not sure why, but these jump to mind:

i hate "i'll stop the world and melt with you"

anything by violent femmes

and "what i like about you"

no reason for resentment, just so don't like the above.

Red Dahlia - not only have I noticed that we have similar taste in books, TV shows and LOST theories, but I too absolutely hate the music you mentioned, especially "What I Like About You"!

A story you may appreciate: 15 years ago when I was in college, I decided to go to church one Sunday (this was a rare occasion, but I was feeling thankful, because I had survived a car accident on that Friday night). Well the town's Catholic church happened to be located right next door to a sorority house. It was fall, and the freshman were pledging. WELL, would you believe that throughout the entire Mass, all I could hear were the pledges out on their porch singing WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU at the top of their lungs!!!! Ughhhh!!! That's what I get for being a prodigal Catholic.

other songs that drive me crazy:

YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET

CAT'S IN THE CRADLE

anything by HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH, BILLY SQUIRE and/or JIMMY BUFFETT
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Quote Originally Posted by RealityDiva;2368862;
    "Girlfriend" by Avril 'I'm a Sellout!' Lavigne!

"Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend".. This is the same girl who said she'd never be like Britney and Xtina, folks.
    Avril Lavigne. She is a MARRIED WOMAN.

You know, I don't listen to the radio very often anymore, so when I was forced to in a friend's car, I was rather appalled. It seems that a lot of artists are just stealing (er, excuse me . . . "sampling") the memorable riffs from older artists, rather than taking the time to actually write something clever. That Gym Class Heroes one where they just rip off Supertramp is an excellent example.

I suppose I own the Beck album Odelay, where there are oodles of James Brown samples, but it just feels a lot dirtier to me nowadays. How hard is it to have a catchy hit when you're using "take a look at my girlfriend . . . she's the only one I've got (ba-da-la-dop!)" as the centerpiece?

Besides, most of my friends did not even recognize that as being Supertramp, and the Gym Class Heroes do not have a jumping bale of hay as their album cover.

din da da din doe doe din da da din doe doe
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

lei
    FORT Fogey

VH1 had a hilarious series -- 50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs Ever (there were also spin-offs, i.e. Most Awesomely Bad Love Songs, #1 Songs, etc.)

With almost every song I found myself laughing, so relieved that the songs annoyed the crap out of the hysterical commentators, too. As they pointed out why the songs were so horrible (mostly lyrics, looking back now) I was just yelling, "YES!" over and over

One can google the list if one so desires, but the commentary really made the show.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2451721;
    VH1 had a hilarious series -- 50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs Ever (there were also spin-offs, i.e. Most Awesomely Bad Love Songs, #1 Songs, etc.)
    vh1 has the BEST shows, and it frustrates me that we don't get that channel! we have mtv and we have vh1 classic rock, but we don't get just plain old vh1.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2451925;
    vh1 has the BEST shows, and it frustrates me that we don't get that channel! we have mtv and we have vh1 classic rock, but we don't get just plain old vh1.
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that

I'll share the song from that countdown that probably drives me most insane. "Rico Suave." What a horrible, slimy song, enforcing an icky stereotype. It's just, ew!

Currently, the song that is driving me insane is 'ELLA ELLA ELLA EH EH EH EH'
    [aka Umbrella by Rhianna].

Does she have nothing better to do than studder in her songs? Is she trying to gain some Canadian fans? Either way, it's bad. Really, really bad.

And to add insult to injury, the Top 40 stations here play this song at least one or two times an hour. Ugh!
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

I agree about Umbrella. I caught a short interview with her saying how much she loved the song when she first heard it. I guess if that's her taste I'll never be a Rihanna fan.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Add me to the list of "Ella Ella Ella hey hey hey" people.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

The following four songs are Major Sewage!)
    Buy You A DRANK - T Pain
    Time After Time - Quitdrive (Train Wreck, not to mention this song is STALE!)
    Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's (makes me feel like jumpin' off a bridge!)
    Better Than Me - Hinder (sounds like their other crap!)
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 08-23-2007 at 12:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread