+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locklear/Sambora divorce

Locklear/Sambora divorce

From ET Online http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/13815/

Locklear: Why She Filed for Divorce

February 8, 2006

After more than 11 years of marriage, HEATHER LOCKLEAR, 44, and her rocker husband, RICHIE SAMBORA, 46, are calling it quits. In court papers filed last week, Locklear cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the split.

Now, reasons behind the break-up have come to light -- and they reportedly involve an inappropriate e-mail sent to Sambora, according to People magazine, on stands Friday.

Sources told the mag that the couple had been going through a "rough patch," and then Locklear found a suggestive e-mail sent to Sambora by one of their female acquaintances (who apparently was already a sore subject between them) which included some "provocative pictures." Up until that point, Locklear hadn't thought the woman and Sambora had actually been involved romantically -- but sources reveal that this incident was the final factor in her moving forward with divorce papers.

Sources close to the pair also tell the mag that Sambora claims nothing happened with this woman and he never asked for the photos to be sent.

"Heather Locklear has filed for divorce from Richie Sambora," her publicist told ET last Thursday. "This is a private matter and there will be no further comment at this time."

The "Melrose Place" star and BON JOVI guitarist have one child, 8-year-old AVA ELIZABETH. Locklear was previously married to another rocker, TOMMY LEE, until 1993.

Just last June on the red carpet at 'The Perfect Man' premiere, Sambora told our KEVIN FRAZIER what made Locklear so perfect for him: "Just look at her, I got the prettiest girl in the place everywhere I go."

Locklear also told ET only seven months ago that Sambora was the perfect guy for her, and that he was "there for me, he sings to me."

For more on the split, don't miss tonight's ET!

Sambora told our KEVIN FRAZIER what made Locklear so perfect for him: "Just look at her, I got the prettiest girl in the place everywhere I go."

Locklear also told ET only seven months ago that Sambora was the perfect guy for her, and that he was "there for me, he sings to me."
    Sorry, but those reasons sound superficial and lame to me!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Man, that would suck if that's how it really happened and he really didn't want that woman sending him those pictures. Then again, if she'd become such a sore spot with them, he probably should have had her email address blocked. Sounds like they had deeper problems than one email.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Premium Member
    Sounds like the email thing was just the final blow that tipped Heather over. They were married a long time for celebrities, it's too bad they couldn't work this out.

Maybe he replied back to the email and his reply was also a factor. But he should have deleted it regardless, unless Heather saw it before he did. But any woman that makes the wife uncomfortable is a red flag and he should have chosen Heather over the acquaintance and like Stargazer said, he could have blocked her emails. Obviously Heather's instincts were dead on. I can't believe this woman was bold enough to send nude photo's, oops I mean "provocative" pictures of herself. Sounds like she needs a good a$$ whoopin for meddling in someone else's marriage.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 02-08-2006 at 12:10 PM.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Sorry, but those reasons sound superficial and lame to me!
    Well, it's a rock star and an actress, what were you expecting?

I, for once, was quite surprised. I thought they had a good marriage. John Bon Jovi is a solid family man and I figured that that would rub off on Sambora. I guess maybe not. With an 8year old daughter, it's hard to know exactly what the real motivation was. I wouldn't expect Locklear to flippantly make this decision. It would really suck if "that woman" was playing them both in order to cause the breakup, when Sambora may not have been interested in her at all. Guess there's only a handful of people who will know the truth. And it's probably not the public. Too bad. So sad.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Wow, this shocks me. Too bad it didn't last, they were a cute couple. Let's hope they can keep this low key for their little girl's sake.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I'm surprised too, Daggy. I thought they'd make it as well. I've always had a girl crush on Heather Locklear.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-02-10/#2

Sexy Assistant Came Between Sambora and Locklear

Richie Sambora's former personal assistant has been named as the woman who came between the rocker and his wife, Heather Locklear. Stephanie Heaton, a 39-year-old brunette, worked for Sambora for seven years before she was fired last year. Heaton allegedly emailed the rocker racy photos - one showing her lying on her side, wearing only fishnet stockings and boots, and another one of her wearing "a baby-doll nightie in a provocative pose," according to America's Star magazine. The publication claims Heaton was fired for getting too close to the star and "acting like Richie's wife, and a mother to his and Heather's daughter, Ava." Locklear believed the couple had severed all ties with Heaton, but recently found out that her husband and his former assistant were speaking on the phone every day, according to the Star.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast