+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears says she held son after ‘horrifying ... encounter with the paparazzi’

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Britney Spears says she held son after ‘horrifying ... encounter with the paparazzi’

Britney defends driving with baby on her lap

msnbc.com

NEW YORK - Britney Spears defended photographs showing the pop star driving with her infant son on her lap, saying she was dodging the paparazzi.

Several photos published Tuesday showed Spears driving her SUV in Malibu, Calif., with son, Sean Preston, on her lap, rather than strapped into a car seat in the back. Spears said she did it because of a “horrifying, frightful encounter with the paparazzi.”

The photos show Spears holding the wheel of the car with one hand, and her 5-month-old baby in the other. A person is shown sitting in the passenger seat next to Spears.

“I was terrified that this time the physically aggressive paparazzi would put both me and my baby in danger,” Spears said in statement released late Monday.

“I instinctively took measures to get my baby and me out of harm’s way, but the paparazzi continued to stalk us,” she said. “I love my child and would do anything to protect him.”

The agency that snapped the photos, X17, had a different account.

“These pictures were taken in a very peaceful context, in which photographers exhibited no aggressive behavior,” the agency said in a statement released to “Access Hollywood.” “We believe that the pictures speak for themselves.”

Spears gave birth to her son in September. He is her first child with husband of one year, former backup dancer Kevin Federline.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BULL! There is NOTHING that's so dire that you have to speed off with your child unbuckled. There was another adult in the passenger seat...why not give your child to that person, Britney!? :nono She's a liar.

She's such a jackass.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    If you look at the photos..shes smiling and laughing Doesnt look like a terrifying experience to me....geez I think she should win this years Darwin award! I read on TMZ.com that CPS is going to pay her a visit.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

And runs from the paparazzi are always safe and under the speed limit, too, Miss Britney. :nono Which is doing the son more harm... photographs, or being behind the wheel racing away from paparazzi?

I saw those same pictures. She has a big ol' smile on her face. I'm sure we'll soon hear from some of the paparazzi that no one was harrassing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby View Post
    If you look at the photos..shes smiling and laughing Doesnt look like a terrifying experience to me....geez I think she should win this years Darwin award! I read on TMZ.com that CPS is going to pay her a visit.
    Post the picks Tallulah!!! I forgot to go lookin' and I wanted to see them.

Even IF it was a terrifying experience.. put the baby in a baby seat before going off!! As if him being in your LAP is "safer" somehow. I just don't see how she can think that her "answer" makes any sense.
    She's trash.

Here's one of them, Mav:

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Even IF it was a terrifying experience.. put the baby in a baby seat before going off!! As if him being in your LAP is "safer" somehow. I just don't see how she can think that her "answer" makes any sense.
    She's trash.
    Yeah, if it WAS scary, you jump in the car, lock the doors, THEN turn around and buckle your child in their *&$@# car seat before you take off. What a clueless idiot.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

It's so dangerous. Just today I saw someone with their toddler on their lap in the front passenger seat instead of buckled down in her carseat. They were getting on the freeway. Don't people realize that if the driver slams on the brakes no matter how tight they're holding that child the kid is going to rocket right through the windshield? It's just plain physics.

That picture gives me the chills. This girl has no clue. It's bad enough if she were holding him on her lap as the passenger, but as the driver! Of all the asinine things BS has done in her adulthood, she really lost all my respect with this one.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    So if she got into an accident with a paparrazzi, her precious little one would have gone flying out of the car, if the airbag didn't get him first. Does Britney even have a seat belt on? I guess we shouldn't expect much from someone who uses public restrooms barefoot.

Where are the people in Britney's life that tell her "no?" Why didn't the passenger offer to sit in the back, next to the baby in the car seat?

What is that thing sticking up from her glasses?

Thanks Broadway.

Please. Like the paparazzi are trying to kill her or something.

OMG, what an idiot. Holding your child while running from photographers? Why? Oh no, they might get a picture. Someone needs to slap this twit upside the head with a two by four.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast