+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Britney Spears says she held son after ‘horrifying ... encounter with the paparazzi’

She only apologized because the photos exposed her. There is no excuse, especially when she could've endured a lindsay lohan moment and that child would be goners.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

When I see her on the news or whatever I just wonder how the F did she get to be so ? famous...... I don't get it. AT ALL.

Michael Jackson for example at least was at once amazing.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

http://entertainment.iafrica.com/news/906515.htm
    Britney fears paparazzi
    Staff reporter
    Fri, 17 Feb 2006
    Princess of pop Britney Spears says she fears that she'll meet the same death as the late Diana Princess of Wales, according to reports.

The BBC website reported that Spears accused the "reckless paparazzi" of keeping her from being a normal mother to her four-month-old son Sean Preston.

"Princess Diana got killed by one of these people. They're crossing the line," she was quoted as saying during an interview with People magazine.

After the latest incident last week when she was blasted by safety authorities by driving with Sean on her lap while escaping the hounding photographers, she said that she had been previsouly persued by the shutterbugs while driving her car.

"I've pulled over and asked the cops 'Could you please help me? They've been driving recklessly back there' and they say 'Sorry ma'am, I can't help you.'"She also told People that because of the invasive life she leads, this stops her from taking the tot out: "I don't really go out with him. It's kind of sad because I can't walk down the street with a stroller."

"I'm not expecting people to pity me. I'm just telling the truth," she said. "I sound bitter. I'm not bitter. I'm doing great. I really am. I'm happy."
    I find it hard to believe that the police wouldn't help her if she was truly at risk.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I find it hard to believe that the police wouldn't help her if she was truly at risk.
    I find it hard to believe she's comparing herself to Princess Diana.
    Classic misdirection.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I do think that the paparazzi cross the line a lot. I also think that they endanger lives with their aggressive pursuit tactics they sometimes employ. However, that does not remove Britney's responsibility to buckle up her son. In fact, it puts even more of a burden on her to make sure that he is secure before her car ever gets taken out of DRIVE. Her child is very lucky this picture was taken. Hopefully the bad press will get it through her thick skull that what she did was stupid and reckless. :nono
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

To continue with the rest of the release, Britney said:

...Still, the 24-year-old pop princess said she craves the spotlight and is eager to get back onstage after a year-a-half marriage-maternity leave.

"This may sound weird, but I miss travelling," she said. "I miss the road, seeing different places and being with the dancers and having fun. That feeling of being on the stage, knowing it's your best - I love that. I needed a break. I needed to be hungry again."

Spears, who is recording an album slated to be released later this year, says she thinks she can fill a "huge lull" in a dull pop scene.

"It's been boring," she says. "Nothing's been wow to me."

Her last album, My Prerogative, a compilation of her greatest hits, was released in 2004...
    -------------------

Aww. I guess it's her opinion and she's entitled to it, but I wouldn't say that the pop scene has been exactly "boring" since she exited. I'm glad that she's wanting to work again and maybe gain some confidence that she's probably still lacking, however, it's too bad that being a MOM right now isn't enough for her.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The "Pop" scene is nonexistant, thank you.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    To continue with the rest of the release, Britney said:

-------------------

Aww. I guess it's her opinion and she's entitled to it, but I wouldn't say that the pop scene has been exactly "boring" since she exited. I'm glad that she's wanting to work again and maybe gain some confidence that she's probably still lacking, however, it's too bad that being a MOM right now isn't enough for her.
    She probably needs the money since K-Fed (shuttering at the word) doesn't seem to do anything but spend her money. I hope she has some smart people in her life that are advising her to set up a trust fund for her baby, since eventually Kevin is going to pull a Nick Lachey and ask for spousal support and who knows what else when the inevitable divorce finally happens.

I think we have our new mom of the year I feel for Sean Preston and can only pray that he survives to adulthood (and without a drug or alcohol dependency issue).

From today's tvguide.com

BRITNEY'S NEW BABY BLUES: Britney Spears' 7-month-old son, Sean Preston, was diagnosed with a hairline fracture on his skull after taking a tumble from a high chair on April 1. As they did when Spears was spied driving with the tot on her lap, child-welfare officials visited the singer's home after the latest incident "and determined there was no reason to open a formal investigation," Spears' attorney tells the Associated Press. "Nothing was improper."

I guess she wasn't even home when Sean fell from the highchair. The nanny was taking him out of it and the chair collasped or something. A doctor there at the house (I guess they keep one on staff??) looked him over and said he was fine. Then Britney and Kevin ended up taking him to the ER six days later. I don't quite understand the lengthy delay or why the home doctor didn't insist on the little guy going in for an x-ray.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234