+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears says she held son after ‘horrifying ... encounter with the paparazzi’

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    I don't believe her at all. And I have a 6 month old. She knows what kind of hoopla follows her every waking moment. She KNOWS that just going to starbucks is going to be a big event. Are we really to believe that there were no paparazzi around when they pulled up. None when she reached around and took her son out of his seat (which is very hard to do from the front in a rear facing carseat) None when she put him on his lap, and then BAM! They started swarming around her acting in a frightening manner, so the second the bodyguard got back she sped off *coughBScough* Apparently, they cleared the F out of the way real quick, cuz there are none buslting all around her in the photos. If it were so bad why did'nt she at the very least pass the boy off to the bodyguard. Were the Paparazzi IN THE CAR? No. They were safe in the car, no one was going to bust through and attack them. She could have taken the time to lock the doors, roll up the windows and put the boy back into his seat the same way she took him out. She wasn't even scared enough to roll her window up. Please.
    Blaming the paparazzi has become an easy exscuse for dumb celebs to use every time they get caught doing something stupid... Girl needs to start sending someone to fetch her coffee if she is that fearful for her baby. Or making it at home
    I hadn't even noticed that her window wasn't up. Now I'm even more convinced that her story is a crock! And she doesn't really look scared at all...just agitated.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

LG.
    I'm sad to say that this doesn't surprise me at all. There is no excuse for driving with your baby on your lap in the front seat with his head inches from an airbag that will kill him if it deploys. They weren't fleeing hot lava that was going to destroy everything in it's path (which might be an excuse for starting the car with the baby not strapped in, but then somebody needs to haul ass into the back seat with the baby and get it safely secured - like say that big bodyguard). I hope this is a wake-up call to Brit and puts other parents who don't bother with carseats and seatbelts for their kids (and yes, I see kids bouncing around in the back seats of cars every day during my super-long commute). There was an accident in St. Paul about a year ago in which two little girls died I think in a car accident that barely damaged the vehicle they were traveling in. They were just projectiles in the car, poor things. Parents have to take the responsibilty to protect their kids.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok. If she was so scared, why is SHE driving? Why not get in the back and shield your child and self from harmful camera flashes as the other adult drives off in a frenzy? How about give the baby to the other adult to strap him in while she speeds off?
    When I try and drive off fast, for whatever reason, I am ALL FOCUSED on it.. both hands on the wheels, checking mirrors and FLOORING it.
    She's that good of a driver that, in a frenzy, she can navigate her SUV outta danger with one hand on the wheel & baby in hand?

So.. Madonna has 2 (?) children I think, how come she hasn't sped off in a panic with either of her children in her lap? Is Britney THAT "sought after"??? I guess every single celebrity mother out there is second rate since they don't "do whatever it takes" by driving off w/kids in their laps. That, and the paparazzi don't find them "interesting enough" to hound them into danger.

Puhlease.

What's truly the BEST thing about all of this..she won't be doing that again. It is, afterall, about the baby.

Where was her coffee/latte/cappuccino? Betcha she handed the precious java over to the other adult........ if not, then I'll BETCHA it was in the cup holder. Think about it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    There was an accident in St. Paul about a year ago in which two little girls died I think in a car accident that barely damaged the vehicle they were traveling in. They were just projectiles in the car, poor things. Parents have to take the responsibilty to protect their kids.
    Around this time last year, I was on my way back from Tennessee on Interstate 75. I had a really weird, spooked feeling driving down one part of the road. When I got home, I flipped on the tv and found out there had been a crash on that stretch of road almost immediately after I passed through there. Four children under the age of seven were killed. Their parents, though wearing seatbelts themselves, didn't have the kids buckled in. They were still searching in the weeds for the last child when I saw the news report. It still makes me kind of ill to think back to that night and know that four little kids died only a few miles behind me. Especially when their deaths were so senseless. It wasn't a horrible accident, but it was enough to send them flying out of the vehicle to their deaths.

Everyone has made dumb mistakes with their kids, but this is just such a stupid thing. I hope that Bonehead learns her lesson after the Children's Social Service call gives her a good scare.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

People as educated as Britney know that the camera will steal the souls of those in the images. She isn't worried about herself, having sold her soul years ago, but she is protecting her baby until it is old enough to negotiate its own deal.
    Last edited by Newfherder; 02-08-2006 at 09:07 PM.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Dum-da-dum-DUMB That's all.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

From http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html

Britney Spears: 'I made a mistake'
    Singer had been slammed for driving with infant on lap

NEW YORK (AP) -- Britney Spears has taken responsibility -- well, some of it -- for driving with her baby son, Sean Preston, sitting in her lap.

"I made a mistake and so it is what it is, I guess," Spears tells "Access Hollywood" in an interview that was to air Thursday.

Several photos published Tuesday showed Spears driving her sport utility vehicle in Malibu, California, with her 4-month-old son perched on her lap rather than strapped into a car seat in the back seat.

The 24-year-old pop star said she did it because of a "horrifying, frightful encounter with the paparazzi."

In response, X17, the agency that snapped the pictures, said they were snapped "in a very peaceful context, in which photographers exhibited no aggressive behavior." (Watch the back-and-forth about Britney -- 3:35)

"Being put in the situation that I was in, it was kind of bad with the paparazzi," Spears tells "Access Hollywood." "Last week, my mom and I went out and they were on us really bad, so you instinctively do what you need to do."

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has said it won't pursue any charges.

Sean Preston, who was born in September, is Spears' first child. She is married to Kevin Federline, a former backup dancer.

I did some digging and read where the paparazzi recently helped her and her brother out when her car broke down. So, with mud on my face, I can see that she was not fleeing to save her child from the big, bad, mean paparazzi (although some of them have been known to be aggressive).

She got caught doing something irresponsible and had to concoct a reason why.

LG.
    wow, that is some apology. She seems very sincere. NOT. She's obviously being coached by her handlers into knowing that she needs to apologize and not just make lame excuses for breaking the law and endangering her little baby, but she's too immature to even make a sincere attempt at an apology. Poor Sean Preston, so have such parents.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    So if little Sean's head had hit the steering wheel or the airbag deployed and he had been severly injured..would it still be just what it is? Britney Britney your imcompetent....Please dont be pregnant again!!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast