+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1970s Teen Idol Leif Garrett Charged

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    oh wow!!! I finally found someone I look better than!!!!! thank god for drug addiction

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy View Post
    oh wow!!! I finally found someone I look better than!!!!! thank god for drug addiction
    *spits coffee all over*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy View Post
    Thanks for the laugh, joeguy!!!

______________________________ ___

I did a little more research on this tragic story and found a photo that was taken while Leif Garrett was being interrogated by the Los Angeles-based policeman who busted him the other day:

Apparently Officer Poncharello talked some sense into Leif Garrett, because just a short while ago the following update was posted online:

Ex-Idol Garrett Agrees to Start Drug Rehab

Read All About It HERE

Jan 20, 8:32 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Former 1970s teen idol Leif Garrett agreed Friday to enter a strict drug-diversion program for violating probation in a cocaine case even as he faces a new charge of heroin possession.

Garrett, 44, agreed to enter the program during an appearance before a Superior Court commissioner who ordered him released from jail and commended him for choosing the option, said Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County district attorney's office.

Garrett promised to enter the program on Monday, she said.

Garrett previously had been ordered into drug treatment, which he failed. The commissioner ended that program Friday and ordered him into the diversion program, which is "much more intense," Robison said.

"It's frequent testing and daily counseling" and lasts a minimum of a year, she said.

Garrett pleaded guilty in March to attempted possession of cocaine-based narcotics stemming from a 2004 arrest, and was placed in drug treatment. A warrant for his arrest was issued last month when he failed to appear in court for a status report, Robison said.

On Wednesday, Garrett pleaded not guilty to felony possession of heroin stemming from a Dec. 14 arrest.

Garrett has appeared in three-dozen films, mostly in the 1970s and 1980s, and has released 10 music albums.
    ______________________________ ___

Here’s a photo of Leif Garrett in court today:

And here’s the very first Leif Garrett pinup ever published, long before a needle full of heroin ever pierced his skin and long before he grew that ugly third eye that has mysteriously appeared on his forehead:

Okay, all kidding aside, I do feel terrible that the cute little kid pictured above ended up in such a scary, unhealthy sitution. I wish Leif Garrett all the very best.

Dear God, I used to sleep with his album (yes, ALBUM) every night. Please please please don't let cute little Taylor Hanson end up like this! My niece used to sleep with his CD every night.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    And here’s the very first Leif Garrett pinup ever published, long before a needle full of heroin ever pierced his skin and long before he grew that ugly third eye that has mysteriously appeared on his forehead.
    What the hell is that "third eye"? Did someone kick his butt in jail?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    What the hell is that "third eye"? Did someone kick his butt in jail?
    I figured he was probably resisting arrest and got skint up a little.

Pom, the picture you posted of him was horrible! He was so angelic looking when he was younger. Ah well, another fantasy bites the dust.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    I figured he was probably resisting arrest and got skint up a little.
    Ah, you're probably right, Dinahann. I just noticed he has it in his mug shot.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I didn't know if this should go on the Oprah post, but, he was on the other day. He sure looked bad. He definitely looked embarassed about his photo, however he SHOULD BE. But then again, NOT too embarassed not to go on Oprah in front of the world. I almost expect for him to get a book deal or movie now that he's hoping to "come clean". Sheesh. Many kids and adults have to deal with that every day in their lives, and THEY don't get to be on Oprah. Still, I'm glad his mother is standing by him.

I don't understand why he was on Oprah though. Yet another fall from grace from a has-been celebrity? Is that really big news? I didn't think he should get the media coverage he did. Nothing special that I remember he's done during his lifetime.
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-30-2006 at 03:43 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Premium Member
    I saw an interview with Leif on Entertainment Tonight, or Access Hollywood, one of those shows, last week - he said the night before he had been in a bar fight and someone cracked him in the face with a bottle, thus explaining his third eye.

I can't believe all the attention he is getting at this point - I was more shocked a while back when they had that special (on MTV, maybe?) where he supposedly 'made up' with his friend whom he paralyzed in that car accident years ago. And it was an emotional reunion, with Leif swearing that is why he will never go back to doing drugs again, etc etc - - as emotional as it was meant to be, I recall thinking at the time, this dude is an actor, and even if he is remorseful, I really doubt he will stay clean for too long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12