+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dresden Dolls

The Dresden Dolls

couldn't find a thread on these guys anywhere...was wondering if any of you listen to them? my husband and i just recently discovered them...and i am in love. just bought their new dvd "paradise", and it's amazing! we were also one of the first 100 to order, so we got a poster that was signed by both amanda and brian!

check them out: http://dresdendolls.com/main1.htm
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I LOVE The Dresden Dolls!! They have such a fabulous, unique sound. Their CD is right up there as one of my favorite CDs ever. I can't live without it!! AAAHH!![/fangirly]

What are your favorite songs by them?

Oh yes, and your avatar rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by JenTheSurvivah! View Post

I LOVE The Dresden Dolls!! They have such a fabulous, unique sound. Their CD is right up there as one of my favorite CDs ever. I can't live without it!! AAAHH!![/fangirly]

What are your favorite songs by them?

Oh yes, and your avatar rocks!
    yay! someone else on here loves them! god, i have soooo many favorites...girl anachronism, coin-operated boy, christopher lydon, mrs. o, glass slipper, pierre, good day, the jeep song, bad habit, and their cover of pj harvey's rid of me...i could go on and on....haha

what are some of your favorites? and have you seen their new dvd? it's amazing!

oh, and thanks on the avatar...made it myself.

kym
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Ooh, I like the Dresden Dolls, and there are at least two other people on here that are fans.

Their music is very clever. Campy, cabaret . . . fun stuff. Nice avatar, Kym.

I haven't seen the DVD but I can tell you that my favorite songs by them are "Glass Slipper", "Coin Operated Boy"...hell, I love them all!

I even considered going as Amanda for Halloween this year (I couldn't find someone to go as Brian though ).
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

just wanted to say that we went and saw the dolls in columbus on saturday, and they were absolutely amazing!!! it was the first time i'd seen them live, and wow...they have such a presence. i was hoping that we'd get to meet them and get autographs, but no such luck. ...maybe next time.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess View Post
    just wanted to say that we went and saw the dolls in columbus on saturday, and they were absolutely amazing!!! it was the first time i'd seen them live, and wow...they have such a presence. i was hoping that we'd get to meet them and get autographs, but no such luck. ...maybe next time.
    They're opening for panic! at the disco this summer (on some dates) so you might want to check that out...though you may already know this.
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    Ooh, I like the Dresden Dolls, and there are at least two other people on here that are fans.
    If you were referring to Char and me, then you win a special prize!

Yes, I love the Dresden Dolls, sorry I missed this thread before. Their debut release is fantastic, one of the best new albums I've heard in ages, it absolutely stops me in my tracks.

My friend just gave me A is for Accident recently, I can't wait to play it. Anyone else heard this?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    If you were referring to Char and me, then you win a special prize!

Yes, I love the Dresden Dolls, sorry I missed this thread before. Their debut release is fantastic, one of the best new albums I've heard in ages, it absolutely stops me in my tracks.

My friend just gave me A is for Accident recently, I can't wait to play it. Anyone else heard this?
    i've had both of those for quite awhile now and absolutely love them both. their new cd "yes, virginia" comes out today...i'm going to buy it of course, but i will confess to having the entire cd for a couple of months now, and it's amazing!!!

and yes, we're going to see them with panic at the disco this summer, too. the columbus show was incredible...amanda has such a presence. *sigh*

i dont know this band but i've been in dresden it sucks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast