+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood Wed

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood Wed

Garth and Trisha Wed
    Saturday, December 10, 2005

Country Music Stars Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood Say 'I Do' in Private Ceremony in Oklahoma

CLAREMORE, Okla. Dec 10, 2005 Country music stars Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood said "I do" on Saturday in a private ceremony at their Oklahoma home.

Brooks, an Oklahoma native, and Yearwood exchanged vows before family members, said Nancy Seltzer, a publicist for the couple.

"They said it is the perfect Christmas gift to each other and they couldn't be happier," Seltzer said. She declined to provide any other details.

Brooks, 43, got down on one knee and proposed to Yearwood, 41, in May in front of 7,000 fans at the "Legends in Bronze" event at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, Calif. Ten larger-than-life bronze statues honoring country stars were unveiled during that event, including one of Brooks.

The marriage is the second for Brooks, who has three children, and the third for Yearwood.

Brooks is credited with widening the genre's appeal in the 1990s by merging traditional country with honky tonk, pop, folk and rock. His "Ropin' the Wind" album was the first such country recording to debut at the top of the pop music charts. His latest album, "Scarecrow," went triple platinum.

Yearwood was named the Country Music Awards female vocalist of the year in 1997 and 1998. Her latest album is "Jasper County."

http://www.planetgarth.com/news/article.php?cid=01216

Took them long enough!

Congrats Guys!
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

FORT Fogey
    I like these two. I hope this marriage is a permanently happy one for them!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    I like these two. I hope this marriage is a permanently happy one for them!!

Me too Pomeraniac....I'm huge fans of both of 'em and I love how he talks about her with such love and respect!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

While I like these two also, wasn't he married with children when they started their relationship?

That's what was rumored, syd.

Maybe I'm the only one but I can't stand Trisha Yearwood. I'm not even sure why. As far as Garth goes, I like some of his earlier music but I think he's grossly overrated. I just can't bring myself to think much of their wedding either. Maybe my indifference is because of those rumors about how how his marriage ended. Maybe I just don't care enough about either one of them.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    Trisha's first concert was opening for Garth before she ever had a hit record, so they have been together for years-professionally at least, and probably in private too. I personally am a big TY fan, I think she has an amazing voice and I have all her albums. I've never been real big on Garth though, I like a few songs but otherwise I agree that he is a bit overrated. I'm not alone, there are quite a few of those boxed sets of Garth Brooks cd's still sitting on the shelf at Walmart.
    I have heard other friends of mine say that they can't stand Trisha or are no longer fans because of her relationship with Garth. I don't condone cheating or anything like that, but it bugs me a little that I never hear anyone question Garth's relationship with Trisha. Not that she doesn't bear some responsibility in all this, but it takes two. He was the one who was married and cheating on his wife.
    This is her 3rd marriage if I remember correctly, and at least his second... I hope they finally got it right and I wish them well.

I believe Garth and his ex-wife were already on their way out. A lot of people thought it was something to do with Trisha (especially since they did numerous duets together which meant long nights together in the studios) so fans assumed that Garth was having an affair with Trisha and that's why his wife left him. While I can't stand TY (Like some of her music but just wish it wasn't her singing it.), I honestly think there was more to that breakup than just Trisha. Just like Vince wasn't the reason Amy Grant and her ex, Gary Chapman, broke up and she's not the reason Vince and his wife broke up.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Newbie
    yes i think garth and his wife hits the skids before trish was even in the picture , the first time i heard they split up was after his first single tomorrow never ends and they decided to give their marriage another chance but it was not in the cards for them.

+ Reply to Thread