+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Best and Worst Holiday Songs

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post

As for worst? I've got to say that at the moment I am wondering why I ever put Six White Boomers on my favourite Christmas cd.
    Blimey Giz...that brought back memories of a childhood in Oz - I used to LOVE that song.
    Geek - totally agree with Wham's Last Christmas. I also love whatsisface singing...oh what is it?....lyrics include..
    Mary sadly waits at home, in her nuclear fallout zone, wish I could be dancing now, in the arms of the girl I love. Wish I was at home for Christmas...(sound of bells) Jonah Lewis?!

Fave also is O Holy Night...and forgive me, but I do like Celine Dion's version. And Gloria Estefan's big band sound of "Let it Snow".

Worst - marshmallow Christmas, I want a hippopotamus for Christmas, Christmas Shoes, Jingle bell rock and schmaltzychristmasforlittlekid diesandmommyisanangel stuff.
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    oh - almost forgot...love love love Kirsty McColl and Pogues "FairyTale of New York" and strangely I enjoy listening to Willie Nelson's version of "Away in a Manger".
    oh and Christmas would not be Christmas without Mike Oldfield cranked up hugely loud playing "In Dulce Jubileo"
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

FORT Newbie
    Gotta love Grrandma got ran over by a reindeer

Quote Originally Posted by Britannia View Post

Worst - ... I want a hippopotamus for Christmas, ...
    Do you get that commercial too? That jingle gets into my head and I can't get it out! I think it's cute, for the moment. .

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I like that song "I aint gettin nuthin for Christmas...cause I aint been nuthin but bad..."
    Carol of the bells is my ULTIMATE favorite! (especially the heavy metal version with all the great guitar!!)

ETA: The song Garth Brooks sings about the soldiers on the front lines on christmas eve and the German soldier gets up and sing and they all start singing silent night to the one shiny star and have a truce for christmas... That one gets me every time!! (belleau wood)
    Last edited by JAFO'S PRINCESS; 12-15-2005 at 09:00 AM.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Worst: Debbie Gibson, Sleigh Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77 View Post
    Here are my votes:
    Favorites:
    Christmas Canon- Trans Siberian Orchestra
    Feed the World- Band Aide
    Believe- Josh Groban

Worst:
    Christmas Shoes- No idea who sings it
    Same Olde Lang Syne- Dan Fogelburg (worst song ever!)
    I LOVE Same Olde Lang Syne, it brings me back to many years ago. I don't think of it as a Christmas song but more of a song about lost love. It's bittersweet if you think of it like that.

I also love Christmas Canon - I play it all through the year whenever I feel like hearing it.

One of my favorites is Mary did you know or whatever the title is. It's such a beautiful song. I've only heard Kenny Rogers version but today I heard Clay Aiken sing it and he did it pretty good justice.

I also like the song River, which I first heard when Robert Downey Jr. sang it on Ally McBeal and then I have it on a cd of Barry Manilow. Yes, I like Barry Maanilow and am not ashamed to admit it LOL!

Rudolph by Gene Autry, White Christmas by Bing, any of the "classics".

The Wilson sisters (from Wilson Philips) put out a good Christmas cd some years back.

Kenny G - his holiday music is nice for warm, cozy get-togethers.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Best: The Peace Carol by John Denver and the Muppets

I see lots of great songs I love are already on this list!

Best:
    The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole (my favorite Christmas song)
    Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Tori Amos
    Happy Xmas (War is Over) - John Lennon
    Winter Wonderland - Cocteau Twins
    December Will Be Magic Again - Kate Bush
    Christmastime is Here - Ivy (haunting version of classic Charlie Brown song)
    Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo - South Park
    Merry @#$ing Christmas - Denis Leary
    Chanukah Song (Parts 1, 2, 3) - Adam Sandler

Worst:
    I don't know, I love all Holiday music!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Best: If It Could Happen Then (at least I think that is the name) it is the song about the soldiers in WWI that stopped fighting for a short time on Christmas.
    Love Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. It just doesn't seem like Christmas without it.

Worst: If I hear the 12 pains of Christmas one more time I am going to scream. The radio station I listen to at work plays it at least once a day but more often than not twice.

+ Reply to Thread