+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Best and Worst Holiday Songs

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    We might as well add Adam Sandlers Hannukah song to the mix, funny
    Of course, and since we are visiting Mr. Sandler, we should add his "I Love Thanksgiving!" song too.
    "...Turkey for girls and turkey for boys. My favorite pants are corduroys."

LOVE Fairy Tale of New York, by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl!

HATE any Cliff Richard Christmas song!!! AAAGGGHHH!!!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    My Favorite is Carol of the Bells. Ever since Home Alone, I love that song hehe.

The worst Holiday song in my opinion Noel Noel.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Best- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland
    River by Robert Downy Jr and Please Come Home for Christmas by the Eagles. (yes, all depressing in their own little ways) Plus anything by Manniham Steamroller.

Worst-The Christmas shoes one, that is so unnecessary, and I want a Hippopotumus for Christmas and Barbara Stresand's version of Jingle Bells.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    To the consternation of my former employees, I LUV Christmas music. The classics and the modern stuff (though with more than a few notable exceptions). I grew up with the Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians Christmas records, so there is will always be a soft spot for them.

Loves:

Brian Setzer Orchestra - Woogie Woogie Christmas and Dig That Crazy Christmas - these are 2 fun big band albums.

Cindi Lauper - Merry Christmas...Have a Nice Life! - I love In the Bleak Midwinter as well as December Child.

the A Very Special Christmas series - alt/rock/pop benefit albums with something for everyone.

It's Christmas Time - Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole - A collection of their classic and pop holiday hits. White Christmas, O Holy Night, I'll be Home for Christmas, etc.

Dr. Demento presents the Greatest Christmas Novelty CD of All Time - a collection of all the christmas novelty songs you love or hate - Christmas at Ground Zero, The Chipmunk Song, I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus, etc

Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses

All I Want For Christmas - Dread Zeppelin

Christmas Day - Squeeze

Hates:

The N'Sync, Destiny's Child, and Mariah Carry Christmas albums make my teeth hurt. I'm sorry, but both Beyoncé and Mariah destroy some beautiful songs with overwrought vocal gymnastics (at least Mariah has the pipes to do it, Ms. Knowles does not).

ReJoyce - The Christmas Album from Jessica Simpson is also on this list.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Worst I've Heard Ever

I have just heard THE WORST Christmas song ever! It made me start to cry in the car on the way home. It was about a kitty who got left out in a snowstorm. She befriended a little mouse who was almost frozen and they stayed together in a snowbank to wait out Christmas Eve. (that part is ok). But then, by the time Santa arrives and the reindeer find the kitty kat, she is DEAD! FROZEN DEAD! The mouse, however, survives. What kind of Christmas cheer is that! And that music is hauntingly awful. Dreary. Sad. Very sad. Even though at the end, Santa lifts the Dead Body of the Kitty up to the stars so she can be a constellation forever, it's still AWFUL. I kept waiting for a good part, for the kitty to be brought back to life, that it was a mistake that she was FROZEN DEAD! But it didn't happen. . What a horrible, horrible. song. For all cat lovers alike.

Sorry for ranting. I got home and kissed my kitts.

I love every song on the "Twisted Christmas" album. Especially "The 12 pains of Christmas". And "Something stuck Up In The Chimney"
    To whoever said they like Breath of Heaven. I'm actually singing that at a Christmas Event at my church next week. It's my second year doing it. I also like any version (I've heard 3) of Mary Did You Know. And anything by David Phelps (Gaither Vocal Group). He's just got this amazing voice and when he goes really high, it just gives me chills.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

My grown Up Christmas list/Oh Holy Night--Both by Kelly Clarkson <3
    Jenny Abby

Best: any of the Christmas songs by Nat King Cole or Johnny Mathis. I really like Christmas In Hollis by Run-DMC too. (and who can forget the McKenzie Brothers version of The Twelve Days of Christmas? )

Worst: for me, hands down, is that damn Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer song.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Best: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
    Silent Night - Mannheim Steamroller
    Charlie Brown/Peanuts Soundtrack

Worst: Any holiday song by Mariah Carey.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

+ Reply to Thread