+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Michael to 'marry' partner

George Michael to 'marry' partner

George Michael to 'marry' partner

George Michael said the wedding would be a quiet affair
    Pop star George Michael is to marry long-term partner Kenny Goss in a civil ceremony next year, he has revealed.
    The former Wham! singer said he would marry his partner of nearly 10 years in a small, private ceremony "without the whole veil and gown thing".

The first civil partnership ceremonies for gay couples begin on 21 December.

Referring to his own plans, the 42-year-old star said: "It'll be relatively soon after it comes in, probably early next year."

As to where the singer will wed Texan Kenny Goss, 47, he added: "We'll probably do it here, not abroad."

The singer was speaking after a screening of a new documentary about his career.

He said he would be attending the civil partnership ceremony of singer Elton John and partner David Furnish next month.

The date of 21 December has been named as the "probable" day for Elton John's ceremony.

The government has predicted that up to 22,000 gay couples will take civil partnership in the first five years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4483552.stm

Thinking about the whole furore that the issue of gay marriage is causing in the US, the response here in Britain has been relatively low key. However in legal terms the term "civil partnership" rather than marriage is being used, probably a less emotive term.
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

I think that's great. George Michael has been with his partner for 10 years, and Elton John has been with his for a long time too, so it's about time.

Good for Britian for making it happen.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I just wish people would live and let live. As a gay person, I really don't see what the marriage thing is all about except for the benefits stuff like social security, insurance etc., which I feel should be extended to anyone in a committed long term relationship. I feel that anyone together, gay or straight should have the same rights. I do think even though a straight or gay couple is together it should not mean automatic benefits etc., immediately, but a wait period to insure that there is some stability. Unfortunately there are some persons who tend to have many short term "committed" relationships and these should be excluded getting benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi View Post
    I think that's great. George Michael has been with his partner for 10 years, and Elton John has been with his for a long time too, so it's about time.

Good for Britian for making it happen.
    These are exactly the people that should be able to get the benefits, and if they want to get married more power to them. I wish them the best, and to those opposed, what is marriage = two people who love each love wishing to show their friends and family they are committed to each other. I don't care if you are a man & woman, woman & woman, man & man, sloth, possum, or whatever. The world would be much better if people would stop wasting their time debating silly things like this.
    Last edited by just1paul; 11-30-2005 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    I just wish people would live and let live. As a gay person, I really don't see what the marriage thing is all about except for the benefits stuff like social security, insurance etc., which I feel should be extended to anyone in a committed long term relationship. I feel that anyone together, gay or straight should have the same rights. I do think even though a straight or gay couple is together it should not mean automatic benefits etc., immediately, but a wait period to insure that there is some stability. Unfortunately there are some persons who tend to have many short term "committed" relationships and these should be excluded getting benefits.

These are exactly the people that should be able to get the benefits, and if they want to get married more power to them. I wish them the best, and to those opposed, what is marriage = two people who love each love wishing to show their friends and family they are committed to each other. I don't care if you are a man & woman, woman & woman, man & man, sloth, possum, or whatever. The world would be much better if people would stop wasting their time debating silly things like this.

Gabriel - you get my vote for POST OF THE WEEK!
    Very well said! I agree wholeheartedly. This debate is ridiculous to me ( a heterosexual christian woman).

FORT Regular
    good luck to them... maybe Georgie boy will shave his face clean for one time!!!

Good luck to them!

Really, Gabriel is right. People need to stop making such a fuss over this. Live your own life, and let others be.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Does this mean he'll have to give up sodomizing random men in public restrooms?
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere View Post
    We can only hope
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

The Conservatives are planning to 'revisit' the gay marriage issue here in Canada if they are elected. They have already made it an election issue. It's discrimination pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere View Post
    well maybe since they are committing to each other they will "play" together....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast