+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMA Awards 11/15

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Quite honestly Siso, it sucked IMO.
    Fair enough lol, thanks for the response. Sounds like i didn't miss much.

Billy Joel copped a major attitude all night, too. I saw him on the CMT pre-show and he was just a snot to Katie Cook (or was it Lance that interviewed him?) Whichever, BJ just sucked. And then he didn't even have the decency to play along with the scripted joke that was written for Shania Twain (she looked at him and said "we love you just the way you are.") He shot daggers through her.

Ummm, Billy, if you didn't want to be there... you should have just declined the invite. :nono
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Sugarland was fantastic performing "Baby Girl" and Jennifer Nettles was awesome in her performance with Bon Jovi.
    This was definitely one of the better performances of the night!

I also enjoyed Miranda Lambert performing "Kerosene". How old is she?

As much as I love Tim & Faith, something sounded off last night! And I don't know who told Tim that the scarf and that fuzz on his face look good...they don't!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Billy Joel copped a major attitude all night, too. I saw him on the CMT pre-show and he was just a snot to Katie Cook (or was it Lance that interviewed him?) Whichever, BJ just sucked. And then he didn't even have the decency to play along with the scripted joke that was written for Shania Twain (she looked at him and said "we love you just the way you are.") He shot daggers through her.

Ummm, Billy, if you didn't want to be there... you should have just declined the invite. :nono
    In regards to people that didn't want to be there. Here is a story about the red carpet show on The TV Guide Channel & Joan Rivers. It was a 2 hr. show & Joan & Melissa had interviewed everyone. So with only 15 minutes left, they come back from commercial & Joan was on. She said that this had been the most wonderful event they had ever attended. The country people were the nicest & most polite folks they had ever had the privilege to speak with. And then she said" I know they are going to kill me for this, but on such a great night we had that Son of a Bitch Joaquin Phoenix show up to promote his new movie, & he walked right past everyone as though he was just to good to be here. He is the exact reason why we hate to do these things in LA. The arrogance & the stupidity of the man is what we have come to expect from the Hollywood events." It was beautifully brutul as only Joan Rivers could do it.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 11-16-2005 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    This was definitely one of the better performances of the night!

I also enjoyed Miranda Lambert performing "Kerosene". How old is she?

As much as I love Tim & Faith, something sounded off last night! And I don't know who told Tim that the scarf and that fuzz on his face look good...they don't!
    I loved Miranda Lambert. She is 22. Could you concentrate on Allison Kraus's performance what with the light shining right through her dress? I bet she was pretty embarrased when she found out. Also, the Brooks & Dunn song was brilliant. Ronnie Dunn has just an incredible voice.

This is being shown again right now on CMT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12