View Poll Results: Who gets to escape eternal damnation?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carlos Santana

12 23.08%
  • Eddie Van Halen

2 3.85%
  • Eric Clapton

17 32.69%
  • Jimi Hendrix

21 40.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let's prove John wrong, redux

Ah, the benefits of running a site like this. Every time Amanda and I argue over something epic like the greatest guitarist ever, I can count on a poll so she can prove me wrong

Anyway, keep voting. I'd tell you who I voted for, but that would ruin the game.

CCL
    Hm, well it depends: Are we voting on the guitarist whose life has made him most "worthy" of being in Heaven? Or who would be the best addition to Heaven's band (Because you know they have to have a house band in Heaven)? Hm, whatever, I'm going with Hendrix.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Oh if we are talkin' favorites, Stevie Ray hands down!
    SRV, Jimmy Page, Steve Howe (I'm an eclectic), Jerry!!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

My guitar heaven would have Jerry Garcia, SRV and Carlos Santana. Since Santana's the only one on the list, I went with him.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I voted Hendrix, but if we're talking favourites I like Peter Buck and Neil Young. Not wailing guitar gods, but their styles are evocative and can make my inner organs swell up like nobody's business.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'm going with Clapton.
    He's got a related unanswered question to figure out.
    And I'm not gonna be the one who's vote keeps him from finding out
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

giz
    I'm missing Jimmy Page, Mark Knopfler and Freddie King. Of the four we've got though, I'm tentatively going with Clapton. I don't like Eddie Van Halen's music, so can't appreciate him. For me, Carlos Santana didn't integrate the guitar into the body of the song well enough (too much guitar soloing for my taste), and Hendrix went to London because he wanted to meet Clapton. So Hendrix thought Clapton was the man. Hendrix for innovation and Clapton for purity and moving the music forward, with an edge to Clapton just because we've got a larger body of work to judge him on. (and I'm ignoring his crappy easy-listening stuff). (I'm a Yardbirds and Cream fan).

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    I'm missing Jimmy Page, Mark Knopfler and Freddie King. Of the four we've got though, I'm tentatively going with Clapton. I don't like Eddie Van Halen's music, so can't appreciate him. For me, Carlos Santana didn't integrate the guitar into the body of the song well enough (too much guitar soloing for my taste), and Hendrix went to London because he wanted to meet Clapton. So Hendrix thought Clapton was the man. Hendrix for innovation and Clapton for purity and moving the music forward, with an edge to Clapton just because we've got a larger body of work to judge him on. (and I'm ignoring his crappy easy-listening stuff). (I'm a Yardbirds and Cream fan).
    If we had only Claptons work on the song Let it Rain, that would be enough for me.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    Anyway, I found this article (click me!) about the 100 greatest guitar solos of all time. It's on about.com, which is a site I hate, but it's a cool article nonetheless.
    Originally, I had David Gilmour and Trey Anastasio with Hendrix as my fav's... but Trey is still relatively young and i was happy nonetheless that Gilmour had a bunch of songs in the top 100 and Trey managed to squeak in as well

FORT Fogey
    So Amanda and John, when will we know the results? My curiosity's killing me!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast