View Poll Results: Who gets to escape eternal damnation?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carlos Santana

12 23.08%
  • Eddie Van Halen

2 3.85%
  • Eric Clapton

17 32.69%
  • Jimi Hendrix

21 40.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let's prove John wrong, redux

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    There's a Red House over yonder...
    not scientific- 16 Hendrix songs on my mp3 right now, 2 for clapton, none for the rest...

I'd scratch my head and ask them how the hell Clapton and Santana got in ahead of Jimmy Page. But since he's not in the line to get to heaven, I'll go with Hendrix, because he's the most innovative of the bunch.

If it wasn't for post-DLR Van Halen, I would have let Eddie in too.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Clapton
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Hendrix
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Hmmm, this isn't the theology they teach in my church.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I'd scratch my head and ask them how the hell Clapton and Santana got in ahead of Jimmy Page.
    Oh, that one's easy. At the time I had this conversation, I was drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall while y'all are having your little "who's the best" discussions.
    Little? My dear, those conversations are epic.

No, that's a lie. It's a whole lot of me saying "I'm right and you're wrong", and John saying "Whatever, I don't even care, shut up for once."

Anyway, I found this article (click me!) about the 100 greatest guitar solos of all time. It's on about.com, which is a site I hate, but it's a cool article nonetheless.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Tough debate. I went with Santana.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Hendrix. Mainly because I saw and A&E Biography about him a couple of weeks ago and I felt really sorry for him.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I gotta put my two cents in here. Since I've seen Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Carlos Santana all live in concert (yes I'm old, and all I did in the 60's and 70's was to go to concerts, the best being Jim Morrison and The Doors), but as far as those in the poll. Hands down....Jimi Hendrix.

At the time, nobody could even come close to his talent on the guitar. And I'm also saying that if he had lived, I can't even imagine the heights he have reached playing the guitar.

He messed up with his life, but he wasn't the only musician back then that took that route, we lost some wonderful musical talent during that time. A lot of the ones still alive today, were lucky, because they all played with the drugs.

But, the talent Jimi had back then, if he would have lived and continued playing his guitar, polls like this wouldn't even exist.

Remember, this is just the opinion of an old hippie!

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi
    I gotta put my two cents in here. Since I've seen Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Carlos Santana all live in concert (yes I'm old, and all I did in the 60's and 70's was to go to concerts, the best being Jim Morrison and The Doors), but as far as those in the poll. Hands down....Jimi Hendrix.

At the time, nobody could even come close to his talent on the guitar. And I'm also saying that if he had lived, I can't even imagine the heights he have reached playing the guitar.

He messed up with his life, but he wasn't the only musician back then that took that route, we lost some wonderful musical talent during that time. A lot of the ones still alive today, were lucky, because they all played with the drugs.

But, the talent Jimi had back then, if he would have lived and continued playing his guitar, polls like this wouldn't even exist.

Remember, this is just the opinion of an old hippie!
    Another old & aging hippie chiming in here. I like the reasons you gave for your decisions, however, as to what heights Hendrix would have acheived is an interesting concept. I, for one, feel that if all the greats hadn't died to early that Duane Allman would have surpassed Jimi as the greatest. It makes for interesting discussion one way or the other.

As to who gets into Heaven, I have to go with Slowhand. Eric Clapton has lived through so much self imposed hell on earth that he just needs some sort of relaxation in the next phase. Besides, he should to be able to see his son again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast