+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Songs

If I ever get married, I think a suitable song would be "At Last" or "Finally".

Ana, that's a good question. Surely there is something that would be suitable. That whole topic reminds me of another Father/Daughter song- Butterfly Kisses. I hate that song...

I'm getting married in April, and the song for our first dance is "Through the Fire" by Chaka Khan. If you listen to the lyrics, it may not exactly be anyone else's idea of a first dance song, but we have a personal connection to it, and that's what it's gonna be. "All the Way" by Billie Holiday is also a great wedding song.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    I'm getting married in April, and the song for our first dance is "Through the Fire" by Chaka Khan. If you listen to the lyrics, it may not exactly be anyone else's idea of a first dance song, but we have a personal connection to it, and that's what it's gonna be. "All the Way" by Billie Holiday is also a great wedding song.
    Cool I have never heard of Chaka Khans Through the Fire being played at the wedding, but the lyrics could definetly apply to a wedding. Ive never actaully heard the song, would it be a slow dance song? (All I know is the Kanye West version ... lol)

At a recent Sweet 16 party they played John Mayors "Daughters" it was quite a scene

Well I sang On The Side of Angels for my Mum's wedding a couple of weeks ago.

My friend Josh and I sang a duet called The Prayer for my brother's wedding.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

When I got married our song was "At Last", and not the stinking Celine version, the Etta James one. I had a few certain songs I definatly wanted to be played, and my DJ was really cool about it. He even made a CD of some of the ones I wanted! "Wonderful Tonight" was one of them, "When You Say Nothing at All" (Allison Kraus), this hawaiian version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" that I heard on ER and fell in love with. I had to have at least one Luther, and I think it was "Here and Now". Shania Twain "This Could be it" (I think thats the name!) And then of course "You are the Sunshine of My Life" by Stevie Wonder. Makes me wanna find that CD and listen to it!

Now my Dad LOVES Kenny Rogers and James Taylor, I couldnt find a James Taylor song that really fit,so my fathers dance was to "Through the Years". Its more of a LOVERS song, but some of it could be interpreted as a father/daughter thing. My dad was bawling, I had kept it a secret and he loved it!

This isnt really a song but I wanted to add: for anyone thats not having a real formal reception- I recommend karaoke!! My guests had so much fun, and that was what I heard was most loved at the wedding (besides the ceremony of course!)
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

My most recommeded wedding song for the moment:

You & Me - Lifehouse.

(Don't throw stones at me even if you do not like the idea of playing this song at your wedding - that was just a penny for my thoughts here.)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I had "Through the Years" played at my wedding as the bridesmaids/groomsmen were walking out....hubbie (tho now ex) surprised me and had our singer sing "Here and Now" by Luther Vandross. I also had Elvis' song "Memories" (from his '69 special) sung at my wedding. I like LOTS of songs at weddings!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Uggg.....

While reading this, I almost forgot the song at my wedding. After thinking about it a while, now I'm embarassed to admit what it was (well, not enough to post it here ) but I had Debbie Gibson's "Lost in Your Eyes".

I guess that would now be "deborah gibson" though right?
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Mr. Rattus and I had "Come Up and See Me (Make Me Smile)". I still get all goofy feeling when I hear it - "you've done it all, you've broken every code..." Aaahh.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Mr. Rattus and I had "Come Up and See Me (Make Me Smile)". I still get all goofy feeling when I hear it - "you've done it all, you've broken every code..." Aaahh.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast