+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downloading help

Re: Downloading help

Quote Originally Posted by Fort_Fan911;1669679;
    Where do you guys download music? Kazaa is not very useful and WinMX shut down.
    Using those free music sharing sites is theft, plain & simple. People are being prosecuted, held liable, & being fined big money for file sharing copywrited files. I'd think twice.

FORT Fogey

do you also know, burning cd s you brought legally to your computer is also illegal

MRD

I have managed to replace most of the songs I deleted. I have 50 that I bought and cannot replace, so I guess I will be doing without for the time being and rebuying them a little at a time. I am so angry at myself for deleting the files. I know better next time. It has taken me many hours to get them in the first place and then many more to replace them. But out of about 700 songs, I guess not having 50 isn't so bad.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2740279;
    I have managed to replace most of the songs I deleted. I have 50 that I bought and cannot replace, so I guess I will be doing without for the time being and rebuying them a little at a time. I am so angry at myself for deleting the files. I know better next time. It has taken me many hours to get them in the first place and then many more to replace them. But out of about 700 songs, I guess not having 50 isn't so bad.
    If you jsut deleted them off your itunes playlist you should have files of all the music you bought in you itunes folder, which is located in music folder, which is in my documents.

So try looking there?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2740279;
    If you are using your iPod as a hard disk, they are saved as files on your iPod.

Also, I think iTunes will let you redownload them for free one time, and then you can make a backup

And copying music form a legally purchased CD to your PC is not illegal.
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

MRD

Those files are gone/history/to be had no more.

I did copy most of my music from CD's I have. As I did not purchase all of the 50 from itunes, I probably won't be able to get them back. And who has the record of my purchases? Itunes? Because now I can't remember where I bought some of these from.

Live and learn and I've learned not to be so stupid next time when I decide to "clean out some files".

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2740255;
    do you also know, burning cd s you brought legally to your computer is also illegal
    No, it's not, as long as it's for YOUR personal use.

Exactly. I burn CDs of all the CDs that I have bought and use them in my car. Hey, if someone broke in and stole my CDs, they would just get copies; I would still have the originals back at home and could always burn another. (If someone broke into my home, well that would be a different story!)

Now if I were to burn 50 copies of a CD that I bought and sold them on EBay or at a garage sale, etc., that would be wrong.

MRD, I am confused....did you delete your Itunes library or did you somehow delete all your tunes in the "My Music" section? I am wondering if you did a system restore deal back to say mid-December, they would all magically re-appear.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2745560;
    Exactly. I burn CDs of all the CDs that I have bought and use them in my car. Hey, if someone broke in and stole my CDs, they would just get copies; I would still have the originals back at home and could always burn another. (If someone broke into my home, well that would be a different story!)

Now if I were to burn 50 copies of a CD that I bought and sold them on EBay or at a garage sale, etc., that would be wrong.

MRD, I am confused....did you delete your Itunes library or did you somehow delete all your tunes in the "My Music" section? I am wondering if you did a system restore deal back to say mid-December, they would all magically re-appear.
    I deleted all music files stored in my computer. We tried to have them restored and they were gone. I had to re do all my music files. It was stupid, I was stupid, I was trying to "free up" some RAM. Ha. I am now to leave everything alone and let the "experts" handle it from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2745182;
    Those files are gone/history/to be had no more.

I did copy most of my music from CD's I have. As I did not purchase all of the 50 from itunes, I probably won't be able to get them back. And who has the record of my purchases? Itunes? Because now I can't remember where I bought some of these from.

Live and learn and I've learned not to be so stupid next time when I decide to "clean out some files".
    itunes keep track of what you buy.
    Go To the itunes store, then Account, then purchase history.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12