+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Renee Zellweger & Kenny Chesney Split

Renee Zellweger & Kenny Chesney Split

Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney split

NEW YORK (AP) Renee Zellweger and country music star Kenny Chesney will have their four-month-old marriage annulled. Chesney's publicist, Holly Gleason, confirmed to The Associated Press on Thursday that the couple have split. A call to Zellweger's publicist was not immediately returned. Zellweger and Chesney are anulling their four-month-old union.

People magazine first reported the breakup, which brings to an end a whirlwind romance that began shortly before a surprise wedding in May.

The 36-year-old actress and Chesney, 37, wed in a small ceremony on the Caribbean island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Photos of the couple barefoot on the beach were widely distributed. They first met at the Concert of Hope tsunami relief benefit Jan. 15, where Chesney was singing and Zellweger was answering telephones, the syndicated television news magazine The Insider had reported.

Zellweger won a best supporting actress Oscar for Cold Mountain. She was nominated for Oscars for her work in Chicago and Bridget Jones's Diary.

Chesney was named Country Music Association entertainer of the year in November, while his When the Sun Goes Down was named album of the year. His hits include Me and You and She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...-chesney_x.htm

Awwww... I'm sad I actually thought this relationship would work

I always thought it was a publicity stunt.
    Isn't annulment when you haven't consumated the marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by syd18
    I always thought it was a publicity stunt.
    Isn't annulment when you haven't consumated the marriage?
    No.. it's just has the legal effect of wiping out a marriage as though it never existed, even though it really did.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    It's kind of funny now to go back and look at what we all said about the marriage when it happened:

Zellweger and Chesney Marry

That was quick....good ol' Hollywood
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I knew it wouldn't last!
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

+ Reply to Thread