View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Prince song of all time?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Purple Rain

16 17.98%
  • When Doves Cry

19 21.35%
  • Kiss

14 15.73%
  • Gett Off

1 1.12%
  • Little Red Corvette

14 15.73%
  • Raspberry Beret

3 3.37%

7 7.87%
  • Let's Go Crazy

4 4.49%
  • I Would Die 4 U

1 1.12%
  • Other (specify if you want to.)

10 11.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Let's Prove John Wrong, Shall We?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    How in the world am I suppose to pick only ONE song by Prince that I like? I'm a HUGE fan of his. I'm like some others who have posted on here-I like Darlin' Nikki, Erotic City, and I wanna be your lover was the first song that turned me on to Prince but I decided to go with Little Red Corvette as my choice because out of all those songs that is the one that absolutely makes me crank up the volume in my car and sing at the top of my lungs! Prince rules!!! Long live the Prince!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'll take Kiss.

My memory is lacking, but I tend to recall being attracted to a female backing him on the video. Mistaken memory?

You've made this too hard! I love Prince and all the songs you listed. Well, I had to go with When Doves Cry because it gives my shivers everytime I hear it.
    "I'm very tired of thinking. It doesn't seem to help very much."
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I was hesistant to bring it up, but since several of you have, I LOVE Erotic City! lol I was just listening to it earlier before I was on this thread. That was a close, close runner up for me, although I really do like almost all the songs up there a lot.

However, I voted for 1999, because of the memories/connotations and overall party feel to it. I remember being a little girl and thinking oh my God, can you imagine the year 1999? We'll all be in space suits and flying in cars, etc. It is also the year I graduated high school, so you KNOW what song was at all the parties, etc. PLUS, the milllenium, remember all the hype (is the world going to end??? oh noes!) It has the most nostaglia for me, so that's why I picked it.

Chichi girl, I love your avatar! Funny stuff! A feline version of Al Bundy.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Darling Nikki.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

"Most popular and well liked"? I'm guessing Purple Rain. Has to be. (Although I'm with Speedbump: My personal favorite is Diamonds and Pearls.)

This kinda firms up one of my little pet theories: "Nobody doesn't like Prince."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    This kinda firms up one of my little pet theories: "Nobody doesn't like Prince."
    I doesn't like Prince.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I doesn't like Prince.
    ETA: Revision of my pet theory--"Nobody but Qboots doesn't like Prince." There, is that better?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Much.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast