+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Opinion on Current Music

Your Opinion on Current Music

This is a thread for people who enjoy listening to current music and would like to share their opinion on it. I will start off by commenting on some of Billboard's Top 50.

We Belong Together, Mariah Carey-Definetly one of the songs of the summer but it is way too played out. I commend her though for succeeding with a slow song; it's very hard to do. I really like the remix of the song.

Pon de Replay, Rihanna-Definetly the other song of the summer. It has a really good beat. I like the version with A.P. in it more.

Listen To Your Heart, D.H.T.-My least favorite song of the year.

These Words, Natasha Bedingfield-One of my favorite songs currently. I am sure she will go to bigger and better things. She is huge over in the UK. She is Daniel Bedingfield's sister.

Can't wait to hear what you guys like and don't like currently.

CCL
    I like the Mariah Carey song - there's a bit of Destiny's Child in it (the part where she is singing quite quickly). I love These Words by Natasha Bedingfield.
    I've not heard the other 2 songs. I don't know where the crap I've been.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I listen to quite a bit of the top 40, one reason being is to know what my kids are listening to & i do like some of it...

what i like : the new green day, you & me by lifehouse, 3 doors down, even kelly clarkson's latest hits -- love her new cd even, and there are others but these are the ones off of the top of my head

what i don't like at all: anything by gwen stefani.. liked her better with No Doubt, & i don't like the remake of listen to your heart -- even thought that was jessica simpson and wondered if she ever sang an original song lol.. oh yeah.. not a fan of jessica either.

I am a huge Kelly Clarkson fan, yet her current songs really annoy me. She doesnt fit into the rock category, IMO especially with Since U Been Gone and Behind these Hazel Eyes. Because of You by her is pretty good. Slow fits her better.

Mariah Carey - I agree with you AIW that We Belong Together is way over played. Shake it Off is getting big, I dont mind it. My favorite of her recent songs is Its Like That, it just has a nice beat to it.

Dont Cha - Love it. It has a nice bass and beat and it's very catchy. "Dont cha wish your girlfriend was HOTT like me!" Gotta love it.

Black Eyed Peas are doing pretty good with Don't Lie. Dont Phunk With My Heart is too over played and it gets annoying after a good amount of times.

More coming later!

+ Reply to Thread