+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MTV Video Music Awards 2005

Quote Originally Posted by r0guish
    Mhm! That was a HORRID performance! Just to summarize for everyone else, it was about a guy named Chuck who cheated on his wife Kathy with a guy named Rufus. Then they get into this huge blowout and Rufus wants Chuck to leave with him, telling him to remember all the things they did and the places they went (goodness, I DO NOT want to know such information!) - Kathy fights back and gets mad. In the end Chuck went back to his wife.

That was just ridiculous haha.
    To make it worse he was lip-syncing the whole thing and he messed up so many times.

FORT Fogey
    ok, now mtv made me hate r kelly-- that was so lame. what the hell was that???

Haha I love how P. Diddy gives a shoutout to Destiny's Child and they only show Beyonce... um, cameraman, Michelle and Kelly are sitting right beside her!

Now he just asked for all the lights to be turned off. Music starts playing and Diddy is now conducting an orchestra. There's now a tribute to B.I.G. going on. Snoop Dogg joins in for the last part of the tribute.

Common and Johnny Knoxville are now presenting. I must add, Common, in my opinion is one of the best dressed males of the night! He's wearing this throwback vintage outfit consisting of a matching Dolce & Gabanna vest and Kenneth Cole shoes!

Common does a hot freestyle rap, and now they're about to present the MTV2 award. Fallout Boy wins for "Sugar We're Going Down."

Anyway, I gotta TiVo the rest, I'm out to a party. Hope the rest of the show is good! Ya'll enjoy it now haha

And BTW AIW, I don't think I've told you yet how much your avatar kicks arse haha.
    Last edited by r0guish; 08-28-2005 at 10:42 PM.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I liked the segment with the orchestra almost as I like it when they cut to Michelle from Destiny's Child looking pissed off
    Last edited by Boredom; 08-28-2005 at 10:45 PM.

This has turned into the Diddy awards.

I definitely missed some presentations. I was sitting all night thinking that Missy would perform. Ciara's dress was too short, if you were in the crowd and she walked past you, you get a free show.
    All in all, kind of lame thinking of it afterwards. They should move it back to NY. I dont like this whole miami thing.
    The show really was all about diddy, diddy and diddy.
    Is it me or did Gwen not win anything? How strange, she and No doubt have a ton of mtv awards.
    I wanted to see Shakira and Alex Sanz, ( he's so hot ) I missed them twice.
    I'm noticing that in the replay, theyre censoring somethings that have been said, in particular what fat joe said about feeling safe and whatever came out of 50's mouth at the end of his performance.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by r0guish
    Was just about to post a topic on it AIW. I've been doing a bit of fashion reviewing for an editorial. Lindsay Lohan and 50 Cent presented the first award of the evening, Best Female and Best Male.
    That was nelly.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Oh sorry was that Nelly? Hehe, oops my bad. See, I can't differentiate anymore between all these rappers! They're all buffed up and scary looking if you ask me.

Anyway, I'm too tired right now to watch the rest of the show on TiVo, but I did happen to catch the finale performance of the psychotic Kelly Clarkson in a local channel.

First of all, let me say that yes, she does seem to have lost quite a bit of weight, but for some reason, she still looks chunky... Next, Joss Stone can pull off the barefoot act so much better than Kelly. Finally... that performance... WOW.

No, not wow as in that was amazing wow, but wow as in, I'm sorry did I just see and hear what I think I saw and heard??? Haha! That performance was the most crazy ass sh** I've seen in a while! Kelly went absolutely berserk as the performance went on! Heck, she even fell while she was singing in the rain banging her head up and down! I even rewound my TiVo to be sure I saw correctly, and yep! SHE FELL! I was laughing so hard my throat hurts like heck right now. Anyway, that was pandemonium right there! But good on her for not giving a rat's arse about falling on her ass and losing her voice all on one night!
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

ok, I dont have a reputation for being a Kelly Clarkson lover, but I have been able to appreciate that she has a nice voice even if it isnt my style..but her performance last night was cringeworthy...I have never seen anything like it. She was screeching and screaming...couldnt hit the high notes, head banging like someone posessed.....blech...
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I'll be honest myself, i wasn't too fond of her performance. She was literally all over the place. Screaming as if she was giving birth or something. The thing is that that song she sang is too rock for her. Kelly can really sing and she needs to bring that out in her songs. It's too Rock for her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast