+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music for Children

Music for Children

What is your favorite music for Children?

My absolute favorite music for my kids right now is the CD of Singing in the Bathtub featuring John Lithgow. The songs are fun and really catchy. If you like to really get silly and sing with your kiddos; then this is the CD for you.

What other great kids stuff is out there?

When My kids were little I loved the Raffi tapes
    Also they seemed to enjoy the Sing a long videos..... geez, what were they called?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

My kids love anything Veggietales.

We are the pirates who don't do anything......

sing along! Hehe!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The Disney sing alongs - They are so great ! My kids are way too old for them now, but my neighbours little ones come over frequently to the video stash and pick them out.

I have Volumes oone and two of the Disney Classics CDs. We mix them in with other music and hit Randon Play while on long car trips. It is fun for everyone.

Okay I know this is a really old thread, but was wondering if any of the newer FORT members would be willing to give me some feedback. We have Fred Penner, Raffi and Sharon,Lois and Bram all who I know from my own childhood. However I don't have any idea what newer artists are out there who do children's music. My daughter is 20 months and I would love some suggestions
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

You know, The Wiggles (ok - maybe not after you're heard them 1,000 times, but still) are very inventive and fun. 4 guys plus a few friends from Australia. Several with teaching backgrounds - used to tour nursery schools and preschools in Australia.

Quirky, fun songs - easy to sing along with, and they encourage children to get up and move and dance, rather than just sit and listen. Plus, they put on a great live show.

20 months might be a TAD young (or maybe not) - but ....well, I'm sure you'll find out ALL about them sooner or later. THEN you'll rue the day (just kidding)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

The Wiggles are definitely the in thing now.

Charfred, I don't know where you are in Canada, but for a really great live kids' music show, if you can check out the CBC Kids Tour. http://www.cbc.ca/kidscbc/tour/index.php#firstEvent
    It's a measly 5 bucks to get in and features the music and original songs that are performed by Patty and the regional hosts. My 5-year-old and 19-month-old absolutely loved it - there were a couple of hundred kids at the show here and they were all dancing and having a blast. And best of all from a parent's view...there was NO overpriced merchandise for sale, it was just all about seeing the show and having fun.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

ADK, I have heard of the Wiggles. We actually have their DVD Cold Spaghetti Western, which isn't all that great. However, after you and AJane suggested the Wiggles again I went and looked on Amazon. Looks like Cold Spaghetti Western might be a bit of a dud. I guess I will give them another try. Any particular ones that are good?

AJane, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed that show. I saw an ad about it on Kids CBC. We watch Kids CBC quite often since it is the only children's programming we have (only three channels). Unfortunately, I am just outside Calgary and we aren't the Alberta city that got chosen this time.
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

charfred - My daughter liked "Wake Up Jeff" "Wiggly Wiggly Christmas" "Dance Party" (all avail on video) and "The Wiggles" (CD) the best. I think the Christmas one is nice - some traditional songs (carols) on there as well. If you'd like I can sing you all the words to all their songs ( including the harmonies)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast