+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music for Children

Thank you so much. Will have to keep my eyes open for these.
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    My son loves the music from Aladdin and The Little Mermaid, excellent children's films with great soundtracks.

We do a nativity in school every year and we use professionally written plays/music for young children. The children love them so much that they want to sing them all year and I sometimes find myself singing them at the weirdest times! Surely the sign of a good song!

The American Juniors cd!!! and the Disney Mania cds.
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

FORT Regular
    My kids love They Might Be Giants, which is one of my favorite bands. They didn't set out to make kids' music until their recent CD "No", but almost all of their songs are really kid-friendly. "No" is specifically a children's CD, and you can run it on your computer to play a few games. They use a lot of very interesting instruments...accordian, violin, glockenspiel, as well as regular guitar and drums, etc. They've got a lot of catchy songs, and most are inoffensive by any stretch of the imagination.

FORT Fogey
    I love all kinds of kids music!

But the real reason I've posted here is to ask if anyone knows why there's a smilie face next to this thread name on the main index? In all my time on the FORT I've never seen this before. What's going on? Enquiring minds want to know!

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I'm trying to find "Mary Had A Little Amp" in time for Christmas....

Any suggestions?
    Could does not mean should

Here is a link you can use, VeronicaBelle. Looks like Amazon has the best price. My experiences shopping with Amazon have always been good - shipping is very quick. Hope this helps:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Mary%20H...Amp:1922067106
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

happydude you just made my day by letting me know that TMBG had release a kids album. I haven't really bought any of their albums in about five years, but I really like them and used to listen to them all the time. My partner isn't that fond of them, so don't listen to them as often any more. Too bad for him, we are getting the kids album.
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

I watch too much TV realtvjunkiee's Avatar
    If you want a good "rockin" time, check out Hi-5. It is almost impossible to find kids music that kids love and parents tolerate (mind you, after the 50 time mark even Beethoven sounds a little annoying), but my 2 and 4 year olds have been be-boppin' around the house for the last month and I'm dancing, too. They are from the Discovery Kids TV show and have their roots in Australia. Check out: www.hi-5us.com or kochrecords.com. If you can find anything by Sharon, Lois, and Bram, they are always a hit! They sing the oldies with a jazzy twist and good harmony.
    Vote for Mike V. at www.starfm.com!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast