+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood Engaged

Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood Engaged

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. May 26, 2005 Garth Brooks stole the show Wednesday night when he got down on one knee in front of 7,000 fans and proposed to fellow country music star Trisha Yearwood. She said yes and the crowd went wild.

The occasion was the "Legends in Bronze" event at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace, where 10 larger-than-life bronze statues honoring country stars were unveiled, including one of Brooks.

After his big moment, Brooks popped the question.

The marriage will be the second for Brooks, who has three children, and the third for Yearwood, said Brooks' spokeswoman Nancy Seltzer.

Brooks, 43, is credited with widening the genre's appeal in the 1990s by merging traditional country with honky tonk, pop, folk and rock. His "Ropin' the Wind" album was the first such country recording to debut at the top of the pop music charts. His latest album, "Scarecrow," went triple platinum.

Yearwood, 40, was named the Country Music Awards female vocalist of the year in 1997 and 1998. Her latest album is "Jasper County."

Other musicians honored with bronze statues were Buck Owens, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, Bob Wills, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, George Jones and George Straight.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=792218

Well, it's about time for heaven's sake. It was so obvious from interviews and such that they were diggin each other. Good for them!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I am such a huge fan of both of theirs (seem them both many many times in concert) and I am thrilled beyond belief for them. I have always "joked" with my son that he can marry Garth's oldest daughter, Taylor, so that I could be around Garth and when I found out that Garth and Trisha were engaged, the first thing I told my son was "WOO HOO..now you're gonna have Trisha for a mom-in-law!!"
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread