+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "JACK" New Trend or Penny Pinching??

Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    Donít know the next song that was played but I like it, itís got a line in it ďIím not sick but Iím not wellĒ kind of a punk song. If anyone knows what it is let me know!
    Could it be Paranoia by Greenday?

As for this new format, I haven't experienced anything like that here in Canada but I'm not sure how I'd feel about it... I don't like when DJs talk too much but I do like hearing their opinion sometimes and especially hearing the title of a song and who sings it...
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    Donít know the next song that was played but I like it, itís got a line in it ďIím not sick but Iím not wellĒ
    It's probably Flagpole Sitta By Harvey Danger.
    Do you remember it saying "paranoia paranoia everybody's coming to get me"
    That line seems to stick in peoples minds
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Could this be a way to reel back in listeners who went the satellite route?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Thanks coksy nope, not greenday. Yes CN it is Flagpole Sitta, thanks!

We have Jack FM in Vancouver, but I thought it was just a local thing. I never listen to the radio though, except for my alarm clock.

I'm guessing that the stations are definetly trying to lure people away from satellite and ipods, but the way that they are doing it is absurd, in the middle of the day when listenership is at it's lowest. Then they claim to play everything????, I have not heard one new song since this started.It is all contemporary music from the 60's 70's and 80's. I don't want to hear AIR SUPPLY or Spandau Ballet. Our station that was changed was 70's disco and new R & B, that is why I chose to listen and for them to just change it and claim they did comprehensive "research". That spits in the face of loyal listeners.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Could this be a way to reel back in listeners who went the satellite route?
    Way too late for that, satellite is so much better. Uncensored, no commercials, and just about every format a person could want. I got hooked in less than a day.

i LOVE the jack fm in dallas. i even listen to it online during the day at work. they play music i had forgotten about and i don't have to listen to some stupid dj trying to crack jokes that aren't funny or whining about something happening in his/her life. our jack in dallas quickly became one of the very top stations.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    We have Jack FM here in Denver too. And in Albuquerque, they HAD Fred FM, and now it is just Ed FM.

Jack's slogan is "We play what we want". I kinda like it. I put it on my pre-programed channels in my car. I don't listen to it often, but sometimes I put it on for one song, and end up leaving it there for the rest of the drive.
    I love Jack! But I did think this was just a local thing. They even advertise it that way here. Another byline is "The music on Jack is like the weather in CO. If you don't like it just wait a few minutes." Funny because I think I was hooked when they went from "At this moment" to "You shook me all night long" in the space of 10 minutes. Huh?

We don't have anything like that here....yet. Of course the stations here suck and only play the same five songs over and over again, and then a half hour of commercials. I try to stay away from the radio, I'd rather listen to cd's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast