+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annie Lennox/Eurythmics fans

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Dave Stewart was the other member of Eurythmics. During 1985 and 1986, Dave Stewart produced a number of superstars, including Bob Dylan, Daryl Hall, Tom Petty and Mick Jagger. Stewart married Siobhan Fahey, a former member of Bananarama that had also appeared in the "Love Is a Stranger" video; she would later be a member of Shakespear's Sister, which was produced by Stewart. Stewart continued producing records and writing film soundtracks (Alfie, Around the World in 80 Days, Beautiful Girls, etc), as well as forming a band called Spiritual Cowboys. In 1995, he officially launched a solo career with the release of Greetings from the Gutter. Lennox and Stewart reformed Eurythmics in 1999, releasing Peace, their first new studio album in a decade.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I love Annie Lennox. Eurythmics was awesome back in the day and as a solo artist Annie is in a class of her own. She needs no music. Her voice is so pure and so is her beauty.

Thanks for info Critical & Chorita! Well, I love Dave Stewart's work. I adored Shakespear's Sister! I even saw them live (the "Hormonally Yours" tour ) and they rocked my socks off my ass <--illogical...yet totally true! Siobhan Fahey & Marcella Detroit (?) were just an awesome duo. Again, didn't last long, and a pity--really fine music.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Bananarama! There's a name I haven't heard in awhile. Goes right along with Fun Boy 3.

But Annie/Eurythmics have long been favorites. Annie has that same quality that Patsy Cline did - she just inhabits her songs, gives them a life of their own. Amazing.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I was lucky enought to go down to Seattle last October and see the Sting / Annie show. I was all about seeing Annie, Sting was just a footnote for me. Plane ticket, hotel, concert tickets, etc...etc....
    WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
    She was awesome...actually brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful spirit that woman has.
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Thanks for info Critical & Chorita! Well, I love Dave Stewart's work. I adored Shakespear's Sister! I even saw them live (the "Hormonally Yours" tour ) and they rocked my socks off my ass <--illogical...yet totally true! Siobhan Fahey & Marcella Detroit (?) were just an awesome duo. Again, didn't last long, and a pity--really fine music.
    Another Shakespear's Sister fan right here, Snowy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12