+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your all time favourite singer?

Princess
    Ack... hard to pick just one! For popular music (not including jazz), I think I'll have to agree with you lol_its_fun - David Bowie is quite extraordinary.
    Though I'd like to add that Mick Jagger, Bryan Ferry, Kate Bush, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Bob Marley, David Byrne, Donald Fagen, Elton John, and probably some 25+ more are/were pretty good too!

ooh, i like stevie nicks, too, tip! i think fleetwood mac is actually making a dallas appearance this summer. i already have plans to go.

It might not be the best thing to admit these days with all the trouble he has gotten himself into but I love R. Kelly's music.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Originally posted by Eden
    I also love Andrea Bocelli.
    Oo, yeah! That song he does with, um, that woman for one of the Bellagio fountain shows in Las Vegas is stunning. Time to Say Goodbye, I think it's called.

My favorite singer, though? Hm, not Bob Dylan. I really like beautiful female voices, which is why I really like Alison Krauss, though I wouldn't call her my favorite. I think the most beautiful, hypnotic voice I've ever heard is Niamh Kavanagh's. She really gets me. :spellbound
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I don't have a particular singer that i like, but i kinda like one band that doesn;t sing, but plays classical music, that is :

Bond!, and yes, I kinda like classical music
    All good things come to an end.

Ol Dirty Bastard. If you've ever heard him sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow, you know the guy has talent.

Originally posted by shersidhe
    Ian Moore
    OMG Sher, Ian from Austin!!!??? Was/is he popular in Dallas (right?) too? I have been listening to him for years. Have seen him perform too many times to count. He is one of the nicest guys and I am truly sorry he didn't take off like a rocket!

As for my favorite singer, I could never chose just one. I try all the time to pick just one song from each of the artists that I like and even that is sometimes impossible!
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

Just one? Can't do it.

I love Springsteen but also love Elton and Billy Joel. Bob Seger does something for me too.

I'm a huge Nate King Cole Fan too. Groups....love Steely Dan and Fleetwood Mac.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Sting.

Love the Police. Love him solo. Love him.

Why Should I Cry For You always gives me chills.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Pat Monohan, lead singer of TRAIN. My most fav ever. Voice, poetry, the whole deal.
    "People are strange, when you're a stranger" - Jim Morrison

+ Reply to Thread