+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Who is your all time favourite singer?

Quote Originally Posted by ClayAikenFan247
    Clay Aiken would have to be my all time favorite singer. Even though he just got a record contract
    Yes, he just got signed to RCA in June, but he's had 3 songs available for radio play all summer ("This Is The Night" and "Bridge Over Troubled Water" from his (platinum) single, and "On The Wings Of Love" from the AI2 collaborative album "Classic American Love Songs." His newest single, "Invisible," which is a cut from his first album, was officially released for air play today, though a lot of people have already heard it via AOL and via 105FM Raleigh's playing it all day yesterday on their webcast.

Quote Originally Posted by thirtyone
    Elton John .... and hopefully Clay Aiken will have enough songs out there to say him.
    The funny thing is, as new as Clay's contract with RCA is, a lot of us have heard MORE songs by Clay than by a lot of pop artists who've been out there longer. I have recordings of 27 full length songs by Clay,* plus all the partial songs he sang on AI and on the tour. I'm not sure I've heard that many different songs by, say, Billy Joel or Sting or a lot of the other vocalists I like.

*He made 2 full length CD albums in NC long before AI, mainly to offer for sale when he did a hometown gig here and there. People have been getting hold of those CDs or downloads of the songs on them since February.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 09-09-2003 at 02:07 PM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Freddie Mercury of Queen!

Chris

eny
    FORT Fogey
    x-tina and Josh Groban

FORT Fan
    Freddie was fabulous, but the only voice I've really been addicted to since the early 90's is Collin Raye. Don't know what it is about his simple tenor, but it has always blended so well with what he sings about, it just stands out to me.

I had to revive this just to say...I forgot about Maynard James Keenan (of Tool & A Perfect Circle). He has the most amazing voice I've heard in quite some time. His lyrics aren't too shabby, either!!!

Elvis Presley,He was a great Entertainer to bad he died at an early age.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantum
    Elvis Presley,He was a great Entertainer to bad he died at an early age.
    Phantum

Chris

My top 3 for a long time have been: Linda Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt, and Jackson Browne. But, recently, Harlemm Lee has become a contender

Christina Aguilera
    Celine Dion
    Clay Aiken
    Seal
    Jennifer Lopz....just kidding.

I love oldies, especially Motown like the Supremes and Temptations. I also really like Disco, like Earth, Wind & Fire and The Bee Gees. But who I really like is Billy Joel. I'm always singing all his songs. I once went over my friend's house to work on a project, and I spent the whole time sitting on the floor singing along to her mother's Billy Joel Greatest Hits record.

As for today's artists, not many. I don't like a lot of the music that's out today. Especially rap. I hate it. I guess I like Jason Mraz; I saw him live once and he's great, but sometimes it really seems like he's high.
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

+ Reply to Thread