+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nick Carter arrested for DUI

Nick Carter arrested for DUI

source: eonline

Police in Huntington Beach, California cared about who Nick Carter was, where he was from and especially about what he did.

And chances are, they didn't love him.

The Backstreet Boy, 25, was arrested Saturday night on a misdemeanor charge of drunken driving after he was stopped for a routine traffic violation. Police said he was driving erratically after leaving a nightspot.

Police took Carter into custody, booked him and held him for four hours before he was released.

His car was also impounded, police said.

The popster's publicist blamed the legal snafu on a prescription medication Carter is currently popping.

"Nick Carter deeply regrets the current situation. He is on doctor-prescribed medication and was unaware of its interaction possibilities," Carter rep Juliette Harris said in a statement Monday.

It's not the first time the Backstreeter has had a run-in with the law.

Carter, 25, was arrested in January 2002 after he allegedly failed to comply with a cop's order to leave a Florida nightclub after a scuffle occurred.

He avoided jail time by cutting a deal with prosecutors to complete community service, pay a fine and generally stay out of trouble.

More recently, Carter became the subject of tabloid speculation after his ex-girlfriend Paris Hilton was photographed with mysterious bruises all over her body shortly after their split.

At a Grammy celebration last month, the popster's younger brother, Aaron, told FoxNews.com that Nick was indeed the cause of said black-and-blues and that he was also guilty of more than a little brotherly roughhousing.

"He hit her," Aaron Carter said. "And he hit me."

Nick Carter, who released a solo album in 2002, will reunite with the rest of the Backstreet Boys later this month for a 13-city club tour in support of their upcoming album.

The new album, set for a summer release, will be the band's first since 2000's Black & Blue.

Hi, Eva! Long time no chat!

You know what's really sad? Entertainment Tonight identified him not as a Backstreet Boy or singer, but as someone who "used to date Paris Hilton." Now if that's not a sign you're washed up, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    You know what's really sad? Entertainment Tonight identified him not as a Backstreet Boy or singer, but as someone who "used to date Paris Hilton." Now if that's not a sign you're washed up, I don't know what is.
    Also, the problem with that designation is...who HASN'T dated Paris Hilton?

Back Street's back...ALL RIGHT!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

"Nick Carter deeply regrets the current situation. He is on doctor-prescribed medication and was unaware of its interaction possibilities," Carter rep Juliette Harris said in a statement Monday.
    Every time I get a prescription, the pharmacist takes time to go over those sorts of things before I leave - in fact, they don't give you the prescription until the talk to you about drug interactions, how to take the drug and what NOT to do while on it. His rep probably picked the scrip up for him and didn't bother to get any of that info.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    You know what's really sad? Entertainment Tonight identified him not as a Backstreet Boy or singer, but as someone who "used to date Paris Hilton."
    I dunno, would we consider what he does singing?

HB is my hometown and I can't imagine what he could have done in the few small blocks (which lend themselves more to walking) that make up downtown (unless they're using the term "downtown" loosely). I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been speeding. Regardless, what a tool.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The ad banner on this page is all about DUIs.

Anyone who is drunk driving should pay for it dearly.. ESPECIALLY celebrities, washed up or not.. PAY FOR A FLIPPING CAB, it's not as if you can't afford it!!!!!!!
    They never spend a single night in jail because they pay the bond.. why not spring for a CAB FARE??
    Just pisses me off.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread