+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J-Lo and Marc Anthony to Sing First Duet at Grammys

J-Lo and Marc Anthony to Sing First Duet at Grammys

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Power pop couple Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony will perform their first public duet at the Grammy Awards this month, organizers of the event said on Thursday.

The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences did not say what song the pair, who married last summer after J-Lo's highly publicized breakup with actor Ben Affleck, would perform at the Feb. 13 awards in Los Angeles.

Anthony is nominated this year for best Latin pop album and for best salsa/merengue album, while singer-actress Lopez has a new album due out in March called "Rebirth."

Other performers already lined up for the show include Alicia Keys, Tim McGraw and U2, while the list of presenters includes Ellen DeGeneres, Norah Jones and John Travolta.

The academy said the Grammys Awards show to be broadcast on CBS would feature a special performance of John Lennon and Paul McCartney's "Across the Universe" to raise money for disaster relief in areas in South Asia and East Africa devastated by tsunamis in December.
    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...GRAMMYS-DC.XML

It's so funny that the media is getting all worked up over it. Big deal. She's not even a half decent singer or actress. She's a media ho and knows how to attract attention. Obviously it works.

Yech. I can't stand her.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I hate it when somethings is publicized as something it's not.

This is definitely not the first time they've performed together. When her first CD came out, it contained a duet with him in Spanish called No Me Ames and when she made an appearance on the Cristina show, he was there and they performed the song together.

They were also supposed to perform together at the Latin Grammys many years ago, but she had a fit about the white candles that weren't allowed in her dressing room, so she locked herself in and refused to participate in the show.

Not that I care. I'm thinking of not watching the Grammys just because of her.

What the heck was that?! Their performance on the grammy's was so freaking boring. There didn't even have any chemistry between them. Are they still married?

It also showed what a bad singer she is.

I would say that Jennifer should never sing with anyone who has better pipes than her, but that would rule out almost anyone.

I didn't like this performance at ALL. I couldn't understand a thing they said.

This was horrible. The problem is that Marc Anthony can actually sing, whereas J-Ho cannot. She should forget about singing and stick to shaking her a$$ since that is what she does best.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

You are so right, OTS. The contrast of Marc Anthony's voice, which actually has power and presence, and JLo's pathetic squeak was painfully claro. And when JLo's voice cracked during that one high note, I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

OMG, the performance was sooo cheesy! Do they really think we're all so curious about what goes on in their private lives that they should perform in front of that tacky bedroom set. It just looked like a bad telenovela. I was dying with laughter and kept expecting them to break away to a Galavision commercial. Queen La was right when she said it was a moment everyone would be talking about the next day--but not because it was some amazing spectacle, but because it was such flagrant suckage.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I watched most of this, but I changed the channel because Law & Order: Criminal Intent was coming on. It really was a fabulous audition for a telenovela. I thought both of them looked really bad, and sounded about as good. Too bad the detectives from CI couldn't cross over to the Grammys to arrest these two on bad taste.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    The set looked like Bed, Batgh and WAAYYYY Beyond!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast