+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Madonna's perfomance on "Tsunami Aid"

Madonna's perfomance on "Tsunami Aid"

Did anyone catch the Tsunami Aid telethon on TV Saturday night? Madonna opened with probably the absolute worst rendition of "Imagine" I have ever heard in my entire life. She started singing it and all I could do was sit there with a horrid look of disbelief on my face and my mind was thinking "What is she doing???" Actually the only performances I thought were pretty good were, Norah Jones, Stevie Wonder, Elton John and maybe Eric Clapton. Annie Lennox was terrible and so was Sarah McLachlan
    Last edited by duckgirl; 01-17-2005 at 11:51 AM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Madonna was the ONLY act I caught, and boy, what a bomb. Nilesgirl, I felt exactly the same way...I sat there in disbelief. I've never been much of a Madonna fan (never cared one way or the other about her), so I had no expectations, but I kept wondering...did she actually pick this song, rehearse it, and still go with it?!?!?! When John Lennon sang it, he made it wistful, dreamy, full of hope. When she sang it, she made it depressing, boring, .....oh sorry, I dozed off there. I can appreciate the somber reason for the telethon, but even Robin Williams, Billy Crystal and Whoopi understood the need for entertainment in order to keep people interested. I changed the channel right after her "performance". Blech.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I didn't see this when it was aired, however, after your post I looked up the video - didn't post the website because it was just a bit of the song...her version stunk! She sang the song in the wrong key - it was too low for her at times, and she just over-enunciated every word "...and the werld will live as wun..."
    Really bad, even given that it should be a solemn occasion. She glared like she dared anyone to smile.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

She also sounded nasal at times. It was just weird.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Can someone tell me why George Cloony had a bandage around his throat?

+ Reply to Thread