+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Avril Lavigne

Avril Lavigne

I wasn't sure if there was already a thread related to her so I started it anyway! Do you like her/hate hare? What are your favourite songs by her?

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Not really a fan of hers...I only like the first song she came out with ''Complicated'' kinda catchy

I didn't like her at first, but she has grown on me. At least she is trying to do her own thing and actually make music rather than rely on her cleavage and navel to sell records. *cough*lindsaylohan*cough*
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

JR.
    She needs to drop the "tough chick" act, but she does have some talent.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It's mostly an act . She comes from near where I live , and it's small town folks and atmosphere at it's finest. No angst or gang wars . She did leave home rather young all on her own though, with no stage parents in tow like your Britneys, Simpson generics and Lohan. That may account for some of the toughness.

I have to give it to her for being a songwriter unlike the vanilla pop princesses who may or may not sing a song after it's been passed through the entourage for approval and still sucks big time.

I am not really a fan of her music but I do respect that she writes her own music and does her own thing. Can't say that too much anymore in that genre.

I agree eny, it seems like an act. She was on some morning show the other day and she seems to be painfully shy when not performing. She is rather young, after all.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I don't mind her and my kids (5 & 8) love her. I am originally from close to her home town and have a cousin who has partied with her brother. Such a small town everyone knows where her family lives and I guess it has caused quite the ruckus with break ins etc.

I'm not a big fan of pop/rock myself but i respect her because she's real and is actually talented. She may not have the greatest voice but her songs are good and she has her own style. She doesn't have hairstylists and fashion designers all around her like other pop princesses. And her "tough chick" act is passing as she matures. I especially like her 2 latest singles: "nobody's home" and "my happy ending". Also, she's pretty and cute.

I use to like her music now i find her abit boring .. but my fav. song of hers is complicated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast