+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do You Like Blues??

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar

Do You Like Blues??

Im wondering if anyone like Blues? Im a huge fan! I actually saw Taj Mahal last week which was freaking great!

My hubby is a huge blues fan..and really turned me into a big fan as well.

If you like Blues...who do you enjoy and who have you seen?

I been lucky to seen BB King several times...Etta James...John Lee Hooker (before he died)...Dr. John...Charlie Musselwaite.....Jimmie Vaughn...Buddy Guy who I adore...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I love listening to the blues, though I have to admit to being a bit of a neophyte. I only really know BB King, Howlin' Wolf, and I love love love Muddy Waters. Then, you know, I love Clapton's white man's blues. I've never seen anyone perform blues live.

Maybe you could help edumacate me, Tallu! Can you recommend any CDs that are a good introduction to the genre?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I love the Vaughn brothers
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

A couple of years ago I had the honor of meeting Koko Taylor!! What a thrill!! If you ever want to not only hear, but feel the blues get one of her CD's.

You won't be sorry!!
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

WoW Koko Taylor!!! Awesome!

SFG...Anything by B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy,Charlie Musselewaite...A compilation of Robert Johnson's works...He supposedly sold his soul to the devil! And died young! Some womans husband poisoned him..for messing around with his wife! He influenced a lot of people especially Eric Clapton.
    Anything by Muddy Water, Etta James you cant go wrong!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I looooove the blues! I've seen Buddy Guy and Koko Taylor among others, and plenty of Blues/Rock-type bands - my favorite being Blues Traveler. I'd have to say that the best blues show I ever went to was the Benson and Hedges Blues festival (in 1990, I believe). Irma Thomas, Dr. John, Joe Cocker, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and BB King - with the last three playing together at the end. Spectacular!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Drain my brain.
    The blues are okay. I'm more into jazz myself. However, Janis Joplin's way cool & Joan Osborne is kinda blueish, she's fun too.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I looooove the blues! I've seen Buddy Guy and Koko Taylor among others, and plenty of Blues/Rock-type bands - my favorite being Blues Traveler. I'd have to say that the best blues show I ever went to was the Benson and Hedges Blues festival (in 1990, I believe). Irma Thomas, Dr. John, Joe Cocker, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and BB King - with the last three playing together at the end. Spectacular!
    Soooo cool! Joe Cocker, BB and Stevie Ray??? Wow...thats all I can say...that is so amazing. Im a huge Dr. John fan.

Last nite my husband and I saw Mark Hummel,Kim Wilson, Charlie Musselwaite and James Cotten (who use to play with Muddy Waters) in this big harmonica blowout.
    It was AWESOME!!!!! I had such a good time....I didnt realize the harmonica was such a difficult instrument to play...WOW!

+ Reply to Thread