+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan

So Lindsay has released an album.. Considering this girl has only had a few movies, only one... maybe.. that got a whole lot of notority.. And funny enough says she turned plastic and she's only just begun her career... But I'd give it to shows like Entertainment Tonight and networks like E! and VH-1 that give her a huge buzz despite the actual lack of credits.. I should make it a point, that many have taken notice, including myself.. So maybe in that sense she is doing the right thing, but I can't help but think something is wrong... Well, not so much wrong, as something people have already done...

Looking at Rumors, a good song, I'll fully admit to liking, but I can't help but notice how its so close to what Britney just said in her last single for my preogative.. Not to say that Britney is some kind of creative genius either, but at least she does something unique usually.. Looking at Lindsay's video and Britney's, its this whole dark scene as they "sing" about how people need to just back up and get off their backs and stop being like, look what she just did! Then... even looking at the two album content, Britney has a Collage in her greatest hits album.. Lindsay has a Collage... Britney has this hot whit low cut shirt, lindsay gets a hot white lowcut shirt... I just can't help but notice that Lindsay is going down the Britney Path...

My overall review, and while I haven't taken the time to sit and listen to all the songs in-depth, mostly because I release its not my kind of music CD... But the CD is very pop... it seems like she at times tries to have a kind of avril-eske punk edge, that I feel like she uses to gain "street cred" I give her credit for having at the very least co-wrote some of the songs.. and while it will never be clear what her involvement was, its more to say then some of hte other turn of the millenium pop acts... On a final note... I am shocked to find out Rumors, is nothing more then a BONUS track... so I think when she releases the next single, we will see if the album will go anywhere.. I guess I am waiting to see what else she will "speak"
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

I don't like her and never have. She's just another one of these people that will get rich quick and go balistic. She looks horendous and I don't see how she can be so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    Looking at Rumors, a good song, I'll fully admit to liking, but I can't help but notice how its so close to what Britney just said in her last single for my preogative.. Not to say that Britney is some kind of creative genius either, but at least she does something unique usually

"My Prerogative" is a remake of a Bobby Brown song
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    I don't like her and never have. She's just another one of these people that will get rich quick and go balistic. She looks horendous and I don't see how she can be so popular.

I lump her with Christina and Brittany and thats not a good thing!

And holly71, That is so true...nothing creative about that song, just a Bobby Brown remake!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

I first heard "My Prerogative" and I was okay with it, and then a couple of weeks after, I heard Rumors, which i didn't know who sings it at that time, and I was like wow this is like the lamer version of my prerogative. The meaning of the lyrics is the same, but the song is not THAT bad,however, I only like the beginning part of it when she starts to sing. But when it comes to the chorus and the repetitive lyrics, no so great! :phhht

Hm.. I have only listened to Rumors and actually like it.
    But remember alot of songs are alike. that is like saying all songs about love is the same.
    The perspective might be different, but the meaning can mean the same.
    I don't see them as being similiar.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Could anyone be any worse? It's a tie between her and BritneyJessicaMandyAshleepopch ickdujour. I loved Parent Trap

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I'm not too sure about Lindsay ...... as an actress she's ok (I've enjoyed the majority of her movies (Freaky friday, Mean Girls) she seems ok in teen sort of comedies...as a singer I've only heard her song ''Rumours'' which I will confess to liking....but she's falling way too close to the ''Britney category'' ...for my taste.... I think she's just the teen IT girl of the moment, I do prefer her over Britney though ...lol

She's OK not to sure about her singing but her acting isn't bad that's what she grew up doing did anyone watch her on MTV last night when she was inside the studio my Mom looked at her and said she needs to add more clothing to her outfit (Or something like that) but anyway I don't know of many people who like her she's turning into Britney and that's not a good thing!

Rachel
    Kyan Douglas: To cute for words

I can't stand her but I have liked her movies. Her voice is just meh to me.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast