+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motley Crue to reunite

And the sale of loudly-printed, tight, stretch pants goes back up again. *execs from the Lycra® board pump their fists, "Yesss!"*
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

JR.
    Mar. 01 – Boston. MA @ Fleet Center
    I am SO there!

What, no Canadian dates?!?!?

But just in case, I better lay in a supply of hairspray and dig up my studded wristbands and black eyeliner. And buy a new Bic lighter. Fortunately I still remember all the lyrics to "Looks That Kill". Not that I'm one of those metalheads you all speak of.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    What, no Canadian dates?!?!?

But just in case, I better lay in a supply of hairspray and dig up my studded wristbands and black eyeliner. And buy a new Bic lighter. Fortunately I still remember all the lyrics to "Looks That Kill". Not that I'm one of those metalheads you all speak of.
    AJ.... you have a standing invitation to stay at my place if you want to come to the Detroit show. It's a mile or so from my house.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Cool! I highly recommend everyone to read "The Dirt", Neil Strauss' excellent biography. One of the most entertaining reads I've had in ages.

They're going to tour Europe as well, by the way. My boyfriend and father are off to see them doing a gig at a Swedish heavy metal festival in June.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I was so upset to see the only dates in Canada are in the east I am going to need something after going to the Hilary Duff concert :rolleyes

Well, I went to the Crue concert last night in Greenville SC.

1) Show security sucked. The concert was scheduled to start at 7:30. They didn't open the doors until 7:10, leaving everyone standing out in the rain. My only consolation is the amount of mascara they'll have to try to scrape up off the pavement today - but it was the worst crowd management I've ever seen at a concert. Don't they realize that people inside spend money on food, beer, and t-shirts, and people outside just get cold, wet, and pissed off?

2) The band completely rocked. I was a bit worried when I listened to their new hit single, "If I Die Tomorrow", thinking maybe Vince had lost a bit of his signature voice. But there are no worries here. The whole band was great, and hadn't lost a beat. They were full of energy, and really good at getting the crowd involved.

3) They played their songs in pretty much the order of release. They started with their really early stuff, and worked their way up through 2 songs on the new CD. Every song they played was awesome. My only regret is that they didn't sing "Smokin' in the Boys Room".

4) The word on the street was that they were going to do a short "punk" set, singing Anarchy in the UK and some other punk songs not written by them. They didn't, though, so that was kind of a busted expectation. They may do it again in another venue, though.

5) The theme was "the freak show". It was circus all the way, with girls on ropes doing their thing during the songs, and introductions by a little person. Even Tommy Lee flies at one point during the show, and it rocked.

6) The best moment: They come back from a short intermission driving choppers, to start the intro to "Girls Girls Girls". They drive them around stage for a while, and use the actual chopper sound for the beginning of the song.

7) They started out with a video, and played more during the intermission. It was really funny, and they played a website during it, but damned if I can find it this morning. Anyone able to help? I really want to see more of it.

All in all, I'd give this one 8 out of 10. If you're a Crue fan, you know you have to go.

Poo. No Seattle dates. I like 'em, but not enough to travel 500 miles to see them. Glad you had fun John!
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I was hoping that you'd let us metal heads know how the concert went John!!! Glad you had a blast! That sucks about standing in the rain though.
    My cousin and I are heading to the London, Ontario Crue concert April 26....
    You know that you're old when you are going to a concert on a Tuesday night! Lol....We always wanted to go see the Crue and couldn't believe it when they announced a London date!!!!
    ---------------------
    opps....

I want to see them when they're in Dallas on 3/17! My husband wants to go too, but he doesn't know if he'll be able to drag his butt out of bed the next morning to go to work.

John, how much were the tickets & how late did the show end?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast