- - Boy Meets Girl.
    - - Glass Tiger.
    - - Human League.
    - - New Order.
    - - Kajagoogoo.
    - - Echo & The Bunnymen.
    - - Toni Basil.
    - - Duran Duran.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by abrslr
    Anyone else into New Wave & synth-pop?

Bands like - - -
    - - Depeche Mode.
    - - Tears For Fears.
    - - Pet Shop Boys.
    - - Peter Gabriel.
    - - Boy Meets Girl.
    - - Glass Tiger.
    - - Human League.
    - - New Order.
    - - Kajagoogoo.
    - - Echo & The Bunnymen.
    - - Toni Basil.
    - - Duran Duran.
    I have songs by most of your list downloaded on my Ipod! I still LOVE Depeche Mode and New Order!

Man, I am totally obsessed with it right now. I have a lot of those bands on my playlist (especially Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Human League and Pet Shop Boys).

*sigh* Long live New Wave!
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Of course! Depeche Mode is one of my favorite groups, if not the favorite. I also like Duran Duran, New Order, and Echo & the Bunnymen a lot.

- - Depeche Mode.
    - - Tears For Fears.
    - - Pet Shop Boys.
    - - Peter Gabriel.
    - - Boy Meets Girl.
    - - Glass Tiger.
    - - Human League.
    - - New Order.
    - - Kajagoogoo.
    - - Echo & The Bunnymen.
    - - Toni Basil.
    - - Duran Duran.
    Wow, I had tapes of all but three on this list (Toni Basil, Kajagoogoo and Glass Tiger). Often if you ask a woman my age (35) you will find they were a Duran Duran nut at one time. I knew every word to every song. The funny thing is, if you ever did see them in concert, it was very disappointing. Simon LeBon relied heavily on a studio to make him sing in tune. (All my tapes were destroyed in a fire. )

I've heard some great covers of Depeche Mode and others, but I love the originals too.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Often if you ask a woman my age (35) you will find they were a Duran Duran nut at one time. I knew every word to every song. The funny thing is, if you ever did see them in concert, it was very disappointing. Simon LeBon relied heavily on a studio to make him sing in tune.
    At one time Hep?? If you count my years from like 13-34 one time, then uh huh. I'm not so sure about SLB's voice though....I've heard him be both brilliant and appalling in concert, in recent years when he tries to go back to the older (80's/early 90's) songs then he's normally not so good....but with the songs that are more recent he sounds great live. I think he's just finally gotten a grasp of what he can really do with his voice, and those high notes just aren't there anymore. There was one point several years ago that he did an acoustic version of Ordinary World that was just simply AMAZING to hear live!

Anyways, I better shut up about that, I can talk Duran all day I've never quite gotten over new wave/synth pop and still listen to several of the bands listed above. Duran has always been my favorite, but I adore Depeche as well, and Erasure (who aren't listed, but do seem to fit).

Libs, we can't forget ERASURE, can we
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Ahhhh...New Wave.

I'm having a flood of memories coming back to me right now *hint: look at sig line* PSB, New Order and Depeche Mode all had a place in the defining moments of my adolescence.

Texi- I just burst out with "Chains of Love" in my office and everyone is looking at me funny. I owe you one.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Premium Member
    New Wave is simply amazing.
    I had to double check the date on the original post for this thread - thought maybe someone started this thread back in 1983 or something and I was just now noticing!

Good to see New Wave appreciation hasn't been lost entirely. I don't think people appreciate one hit wonders like they used to - in the 80s if a band had only one major hit (Take on Me, I Ran, Cars, Too Shy, etc) it was okay - because you knew that another new group would be coming out with a great single right behind it, and that new song would immediately get stuck in your head until the next one hit wonder was released by yet another cool new wave group - which was just perfect for my short attention span problem, hehe.

Speedy, it's impossible to sing "Chains of Love" discreetly
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast