+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't give 'em away!!

Originally posted by Perc
    What is wrong with CCR? One of my favorites from yester-year!
    perc, i got your pm! i was ! too funny!!

ccr has that distinct sound... which in their case (imo) is not a good thing.

something about john fogerty's voice makes me wanna hit something. hard. and not in a good way!

a review i read said:
    "....drawing inspiration from the likes of Little Richard, Hank Williams, Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry and the artisans of soul at Motown and Stax."
    well, did you ever see the movie "twins" with devito and arnold schwarzenegger?" and how devito got allllllllll the bad genes? i'm thinking ccr, in drawing inspiration from the above referenced people, took allllllllll that was bad and awful and decided to make that their sound.

LOL Yeah, I know what ya mean. But you have to remember that songs from that period were as well known for what they said, as for how they said it!

"Perc scratches off "Best of CCR" on his wishlist for Christmas presents"

Originally posted by Perc
    LOL Yeah, I know what ya mean. But you have to remember that songs from that period were as well known for what they said, as for how they said it!

"Perc scratches off "Best of CCR" on his wishlist for Christmas presents"
    well, then i'd rather have a book of their lyrics!

and you don't have to scratch off anything from your christmas list! if you want to like that crappy band, you just go right ahead!!

JR.
    Anything country, rap, or pop.

I must confess that I did watch Britney on HBO, but it wasn't for the music.

They're not crappy, Sher! I love CCR! I even went and saw their Fogerty-less band (Creedence Clearwater Revisited) at Frontier Days in Cheyenne a couple of years ago.

Most of the other "artists" mentioned in this thread annoy me. I dislike the Dave Matthews Band intensely. That John Mayer song is so goofy (and overplayed). Ditto on the Vanessa Carlton song.

I guess I'm just a grumpy old man when it comes to my music. I like the older stuff mostly. I must be generationally displaced.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

hey paulie,

you know, i might be okay with CCR sans fogerty...seeing as though he was the crappiness within the band.

at this point, you couldn't give me tickets to avril lavigne. she's bugging the bujeebus outta me!!!!

Me too, little snot.
    "That's Numberwang!"

agentcarver
    I LOVE Bif Naked, even if the school says I can't play her music over the stereo in my classroom (Not the profanity... There actually isn't any... It's just too loud and the parent's council won't hear of anything "Naked")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123