+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Simpson On SNL

Ashley Simpson On SNL

I caught bits and pieces of SNL last night but missed the performance by Ashley Simpson. I heard this morning on the radio that she was busted lip synching. I couldn't find anything hard copy about this, aside from message board postings, and figured some of the FORTers would know. What happened?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

From what I've heard, they played the track to "Piece of Me" during her second performance and she didn't catch on until the lip synched track started. She did a bizarre little jig and then stormed off. At the end of the show, she blamed it on her band. I caught it elsewhere online. I'll have to dig up the link.

Trouble is, I watched SNL up until the start of her performance and then shut it off. Ugh! Who knew I'd catch a meltdown.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I wish I'd seen that jig. She had me convinced that her whole choreography routine consisted of three giant steps forward and three giant steps back. This was repeated through her whole first number. I don't think I ever looked at her face. I was mesmerized by her combat boots, big feet and of course, dance routine.

They just showed the whole clip on the news. They also showed her fake apology at the end.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

She blamed it on the BAND? How tacky. But then this is the girl who thought Clairol Mousy Brown #5 would give her insta-credibility.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    But then this is the girl who thought Clairol Mousy Brown #5 would give her insta-credibility.

I didn't see the second number, but I saw the first one and I have to agree with Muduh on the dancing. *shudders* Very poor choice of wardrobe as well.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Thank god I recorded it, I am going to watch it now, thanks for the heads-up!

First off, I love Ashlee's music, not her voice, her music. I know she has a horrible voice so when she was announced for SNL, I was wondering how she was going to pull it off, the obvious answer lip sinc!

It was obvious from the first song she was singing and then onto the second song. She started dancing, the first song that she sang, 'Pieces of Me,' came on again and her band started playing it. She did a little jig, then went off stage.

At the end of the show she came back and said "It's live TV! My band started playing the wrong song!" I believe Amy and Tina went to her and gave her a hug after the show.

I just watched the first clip MoP -thanks for posting it

I couldn't see the blaming the band part, but that was just really funny! BUSTED!!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Too funny. I didn't watch last night, I was going to but we were out late at a friend's house.

I'm tired of singers that can't actually sing. It seems that marketing and image are more important than talent - heck, I can sing better than Ashlee AND her sister put together, but no one wants to see a middle aged wife and mother prancing around on the stage wearing army boots and a studied look of ennui.

Just .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast