+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Simpson On SNL

Simpson Dad Blames Acid Reflux for Gaffe

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Jude Law's hot, even if he could be my dad.
    He could be my "daddy" anytime. (Did I say that out loud? Sorry Mr. SFG! )

Speaking o' daddies, here's the stupid article where Ashlee relies on Daddy to bail her out with the "acid reflux" excuse mentioned above.

Simpson Dad Blames Acid Reflux for Gaffe

Oct 25, 6:35 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - If Ashlee Simpson's stomach was upset Saturday night, imagine how she's feeling now. Busted for a "Saturday Night Live" lip-synch gone awry, her manager-father said Monday his 19-year-old daughter used the extra help because acid reflux disease had made her voice hoarse.

"Just like any artist in America, she has a backing track that she pushes so you don't have to hear her croak through a song on national television," Joe Simpson told Ryan Seacrest on Los Angeles radio station KIIS-FM. "No one wants to hear that."

He insisted it would be Ashlee's live voice alone during her appearance on NBC's "Radio Music Awards" Monday night.

And he said she's never used the extra help onstage before.

"The whole situation was a bummer," Ashlee Simpson said in an interview on MTV's "Total Request Live."

Simpson had performed her hit single "Pieces of Me" without incident earlier on "SNL." When she came back a second time, her band started playing and the first lines of her singing "Pieces of Me" could be heard again.

She was holding her microphone at her waist at the time. Simpson looked momentarily confused as the band plowed ahead with the song and the vocal was quickly silenced.

A flustered Simpson made some exaggerated hopping dance moves, then walked off the stage.

She told "TRL" that she and her band didn't know what to do. "I think all of us went into a state of shock," she said.

The incident exposed what many consider an obvious secret: that some singers who appear onstage aren't singing live at all, or at least have their voices augmented by backing tracks. And it's happened before on "Saturday Night Live," too, executive producer Lorne Michaels told the Associated Press.

"She was mortified and in her dressing room, but (producer) Marci (Klein) got her to come out for goodnights and explained that it wasn't the end of the world. It wasn't her fault," Michaels told AP Radio.

"Every artist that I know in this business has had vocal problems at some time - from Celine on down," said Joe Simpson, also father of Jessica Simpson. "So you've got to do what you've got to do."

He said it was his decision to use the tapes when it became apparent that acid reflux disease had swollen Ashlee's vocal cords. After consulting Wayne Newton's doctor, she received a cortisone shot to get her ready for the "Radio Music Awards," he said.

It was the band's drummer who pushed the wrong button onstage, he said.

Said Michaels: "If she were a more seasoned performer then I think that she would've taken charge and said, 'No, let's start this over again.'"

To add to Ashlee's indignity Monday, eBay.com was auctioning off her private cell phone number, which it said had been inadvertently, and briefly, posted on her Web site.

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200...=home&SEC=news
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I finally saw the fiasco on ET. TOO FUNNY!! Sure, it was the drummer's fault. Both daddy and daughter blame the band. :rolleyes

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Love how the article SFG posted had a nice pic of her umm assets front and center. I mean really people, that's all that matters. :rolleyes
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Now she's going to be on the Today show on Tuesday morning to continue the lies and excuses. :rolleyes She better not sell more records because of this publicity.

We think Ashlee is a wonderful singer. We love her. A prescription for Prevacid should help with the acid reflux problem. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
    Milli Vanilli

That ho down she did was bad enough.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Excuses...excuses. Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes It's not that unusual, every singer does it sooner or later. She shouldn't be trying to do damage control, she should be trying to prove herself, if she really is the great singer that she (and admittedly, the press) makes herself seem to be.

And that video of the performance totally made my day (night, actually)!
    Gustav Holst was right!

The worst part is this will make her more famous ... and we will have to suffer through some special "Live performance" on some show ... and she will have a nice little choreographed set ... and life will be all peachy again.

Anyways ... anyone that suffered through her reality show could see she was a terrible singer by her studio sessions.

PSi
    it's great....

sure, she'll be more famous, but she's now imfamous as well....

Is this the moment where Ashlee's career "jumped the shark," or did that happen when she said, "Hey, I wanna sell CDs like my sister! Wah wah wah!"

+ Reply to Thread