+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Simpson On SNL

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I SOOOOOooo wish I would have seen this.
    Try your local news...they've been showing it again and again and again (my abc local affiliate showed it twice this morning within 1 hour). Seems she can't escape.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Out Of Synch Simpson

Now they claim she was actually singing.

October 25, 2004 -- LIP synch? Me?
    Teen singer Ashlee Simpson says the embarassing snafu on "Saturday Night Live" that revealed at least some of her vocals are pre-taped was all a misunderstanding.

Ashlee, younger sister of the pop singer Jessica Simpson, told "SNL" producers that only back-up vocals were contained on a track that was mistakenly played during the live show.

"She told us it was only back-up," a show official said yesterday.

Apparently, she sings the lead vocal live but relies on tape recordings to provide the fuller, background vocals, the official said.

"That's what she told us," he said. "It's not unusual. A lot of people use back-up tracks" when performing on "SNL," the official said.

The Sunday morning news programs and Internet chat rooms were crackling yesterday with chatter about the spectacular foul-up that caught Simpson singing the wrong song on live TV.

Simpson, who was the musical performer on "SNL," was to debut her new single on Saturday, called "Autobiography."

But as she began to sing, the band cued up the wrong track it was the vocal accompaniment to the song she'd sung earlier in the program, "Pieces of Me."

Flustered, Ashlee stopped but of course, viewers could hear her singing but could clearly see her standing on stage with her mouth closed.

After a few moments, Simpson ran off stage and the show cut away to a commercial.

The producers quickly huddled backstage and decided to explain the screw up in the show's final sign off. Michael Shain
    http://nypost.com/entertainment/32613.htm

My local news (in Minnesota!) made fun of her yesterday. The sports guy pre-recorded a track of him talking about how it's so despicable for people to lip-synch and he'd never do that. So that's playing while his mouth isn't matching the words. Then he pretended like he got caught, took off his microphone, and walked off set. It was great!

ETA: AI Wannabe, read the article I posted above. Yours must be an old one - she admitted she was lip-synching now after all that lying about singing, computer mistakes, etc. She would have looked less stupid if she would have admitted it right away.

It seems that Miss Simpson doesn't know what she was doing up on the stage. I think the idea of boosting the performance with a prerecording makes sense though. Everyone would hate to be disappointed if she didn't sound good
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    My local news (in Minnesota!) made fun of her yesterday. The sports guy pre-recorded a track of him talking about how it's so despicable for people to lip-synch and he'd never do that. So that's playing while his mouth isn't matching the words.
    Sort of like the old Godzilla movies?
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greycoatonawitc
    too funny....i'm happy that happened to her. i'm so tired of celebrity siblings/relatives getting a break in the music industry (ie: Simpon, Duff, Osborn). there are way more talented people out there that deseve a break. i'm just happy that it was a music misfunction...not a waredrobe malfunction

That was too funny Maybe this will teach the rest of them out there getting a break because of a family member already in the business to put every effort in what they do and not lip sync. I can honestly say that I am happy it happened to her. And if I were a member in her band, I would let her know how unhappy I was for her blaming them instead of herself.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I agree, combatcutie. I personally give her band credit; they immediately started playing louder and playing along to the first song to save her butt - they didn't panic and just stand there. Then she has the guts to blame them?! They should've just stood there while the tape played.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    I agree, combatcutie. I personally give her band credit; they immediately started playing louder and playing along to the first song to save her butt - they didn't panic and just stand there. Then she has the guts to blame them?! They should've just stood there while the tape played.
    That's what you're supposed to do when something goes wrong - keep going. I can't believe she blamed the band, what a bitch. She should blame herself for having no talent.

I saw it and was completely taken by surprize. I thought she sang really well, a lot better than her sister does, but she looked so stupid dancing her "jig" when the tape started up with the same song. If she just sang the song again, she wouldn't have looked so stupid.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    That's what you're supposed to do when something goes wrong - keep going. I can't believe she blamed the band, what a bitch. She should blame herself for having no talent.

Couldn't agree more JR. She's so full of herself that she forgot that she needs her band to do the songs. :rolleyes
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread