+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duran Duran

Duran Duran

Being married to a die hard Duran Duran fan, I have heard so much about them the last few days.

Their new CD "Astronaut" is in stores today and it's a Duranie frenzy going on everywhere. Looks like people waited so long for the original fab 5 to come back and apparantly this album is really good.

Do any of you plan on buying it?

They were on Good Morning Live this morning, will be on Regis and Kelly tomorrow and so much more promotion. I was shocked to see how popular they are, it's af if they never left.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I'll be buying it. It's gotten pretty o.k. reviews, and, it's a bit like resurrecting my youth, ya know? Plus, John Taylor is still a hottie.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    I was shocked to see how popular they are, it's af if they never left.
    But they didn't ever leave really I'm a die-hard Duranie here myself and have seen them SEVERAL (and then some) times in the past 10 years. They've played many a show here in Central Florida almost always to sell out crowds and their mini reunion tour last year sold out everywhere they played. Granted, the past 10 years I've been seeing a different lineup (no John, Andy, Roger) but they've still been the Duran sound and all of the classics were still there. I'm anxiously awaiting their tour that begins in February so that I can FINALLY see the original lineup. Heck, I'm tempting the thought of going to a show that they're doing in Atlanta in December.

I'm heading out later tonight to pick up Astronaut myself since I just finished watching the GMA appearance that I taped this morning and now I'm SUPER hyped about it. (I've already set the DVR for Regis & Kelly tomorrow as well as the 8 or so other tv appearances in the next week)

Oh yeah, I'm definitely so still a Duranie, I could ramble for a heck of a long time here, but I'll leave it at that

I was waiting for Libs to post in here
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Don'tcha know it Texi! What can I say, some childhood habits just won't die!

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I've loved Duran Duran for a long time, I'll be sure to check out their new CD. I love all their earlier classics though.

Libs, I know they really never left but the group wasn't the same without John, Roger and Andy (though Andy does nothin for me).That's what I hear anyways. I never got into them as the original fab 5, I started listening more to them with the Wedding Album. I met them twice while Warren was there and they were really nice. My husband would love to meet Roger.

Are you on the dd.com message board libs?

Yep, Eva...I check out the DD messageboards as well, especially over at Lizard King. Not that I really post anything, but they're great sources of info and entertainment for me.

During the "off years" I really got used to seeing Joe & Wes play with the band...never could quite get into Warren (eh heck, I can't get into Andy either for that matter), but all of them did a great job. As much as I'd like to see them hit the success of the 80's again, I'm really spoiled by the smaller venue shows and meet & greet type things that might end up going away with that.

FORT Fan
    So how is this CD? I always loved Duran Duran - from the Planet Earth and Girls on Film days to Ordinary World and Come Undone. I wasn't too happy with Medazzaland though, so I'm hoping this newest effort is better!

FORT Regular
    I used to love Duran Duran myself, back in the day. I forgot about the term "Duranie", however. I hear Armani is designing their wardrobe for the upcoming tour. I'm afraid I'll have to miss all of it. You can't go back, and I was totally alienated by the split into Power Station and Arcadia. It was like I was betrayed by my best friend.
    Last edited by happydude; 10-26-2004 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling error

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast