+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Duran Duran

FORT Fan
    I didn't know that Nick Rhodes really liked Roxy Music - I always loved Roxy Music and all of Bryan Ferry's solo work....
    I'm thrilled with the fact that Duran Duran is still together, and I'm pretty sure I'll like the new disc (I just stopped calling them albums not long ago ) - but I'll probably always love the older stuff the best.
    I went to get Astronaut today, and it was sold out - so I have to go find it tomorrow.

I wasn't a huge Duran fan in the 80's but I've liked them since the Wedding Album. My favorite is definitely Astronaut, great! Like Libs, I am hooked on the first half of the album and really haven't payed close attention to the 2nd half yet. (Mmmm...bedroom toys )

As for us in our 30's and them in their 40's, Roger is newly single ladies so maybe is won't be too hard to get his attention

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    As for us in our 30's and them in their 40's, Roger is newly single ladies so maybe is won't be too hard to get his attention
    Darnit I was hoping to keep that info all to myself I'd read that myself a few weeks ago, but figure it won't last too long....or will it? He was married for an awfully long time to his teen sweetheart, so ya never know, he may enjoy the single life for quite a while before somebody else steals his heart.

OMG!!!!! I went to the Duran Duran concert yesterday and we ended up getting 1st row tickets on the floor, I was in heaven!
    The concert was one of the best I've ever seen. Simon came down and passed the 1st row to go into the audience to get a girl to introduce him and when he passed me, he took my hand and said "thank you", it was great. (Im assuming it was a thanks for dancing so much and being there )

Roger is my husband's favorite member and at the end of the show he gave him his drumsticks, but my husband dropped 1 and a girl got it, oh well...atleast he has 1.
    It was terrific! (and Libs...we were right in front of John)

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    OMG!!!!! I went to the Duran Duran concert yesterday and we ended up getting 1st row tickets on the floor, I was in heaven!
    The concert was one of the best I've ever seen. Simon came down and passed the 1st row to go into the audience to get a girl to introduce him and when he passed me, he took my hand and said "thank you", it was great. (Im assuming it was a thanks for dancing so much and being there )

Roger is my husband's favorite member and at the end of the show he gave him his drumsticks, but my husband dropped 1 and a girl got it, oh well...atleast he has 1.
    It was terrific! (and Libs...we were right in front of John)

OMG....you are so lucky!!! LOVE THEM!!

I'm so glad you had a great time Eva!! It helped me get through counting inventory last night just wondering how things were at your concert....daydreaming and counting cheese, just the way I like to spend my nights NOT!

I take it that it was alllllll worth the long wait of being near the end of the tour huh? Sounds like it to me, I'd have gladly waited for the experience that you got!

I'm so jealous!! Sounds like a memorable night, front row, pressed hands, drumsticks ...

I'm glad you had such a good time, Eva!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Wow....this thread sure brings back memories!

I remember attending a Duran Duran concert at Madison Square Garden when I was a freshman in high school. It was during their "Seven & The Ragged Tiger" tour. And it was the best concert I went to that year.......not just because of the music, but also because it meant spending 3 hours surrounded by about 10,000 hot girls! What more could a 14 year old boy ask for? Cool music and a 10-to-1 girl-to-guy ratio!

And I won't cry for yesterday there's an ordinary world, somehow I have to find.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234