+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melissa Etheridge diagnosed with breast cancer

Jay

Melissa Etheridge diagnosed with breast cancer

Story link

I heard this news of the radio this morning. Good luck to Melissa.

Etheridge diagnosed with breast cancer
    LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Singer Melissa Etheridge has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has cancelled upcoming tour dates to undergo treatment, her publicist said Thursday.

Etheridge, 43, will undergo surgery and a "speedy and complete recovery" is expected by her doctor, publicist Marcel Pariseau said in a statement.

The cancer was detected early and Etheridge has been receiving treatment, Pariseau said.

"I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor's care and thankful that this was caught early," Etheridge said in the statement. "I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery."

Etheridge and actress Tammy Lynn Michaels held a commitment ceremony in September 2003. The musician, who lives in Los Angeles, shares custody of a daughter and son with former partner Julie Cypher, who had the children through artificial insemination using a sperm donation from rocker David Crosby.

Etheridge's latest album, Lucky, was released in February. Refunds for tickets to her upcoming shows will be available where they were bought; the entertainer's Web site says she had been scheduled to play 11 dates in seven cities this month.

Oh, no. I'm a big fan of hers. I caught her show back in '96...just a girl and her guitar, it was an excellent concert.

Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Wow. I wish her the best!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad they caught it early and that a complete recovery is expected. Best of luck to her.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    That's good that they caught it early.

Hope she gets better soon!

I think Melissa Ethridge is awesome and I hope she can recover quickly. I wish her the best!

I hope she has a successful and speedy recovery.

+ Reply to Thread