+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Worst crimes in music.. ACK

Worst crimes in music.. ACK

For the past week, I have been subjected to the worst marketing ploy in music history... the attempted making a sex symbol out of John Denver.

What the heck is up with the cover of the new posthumous CD of JD's All Time Greatest Hits? This is HORRIBLE!

I'm absolutely mortified and my eyes will never be the same again.

What music event have you deemed to be the worst thing ever? Can be releases, outfits, publicity ploys (no Britney.. she'd fill the thread )... anything that makes you ill.

Mark McGrath doing a duet with Shania Twain.
    I saw the video on Much Music yesterday and was paralysed with revulsion and embarassment.
    I don't know what the hell is wrong with McGrath lately.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Mark McGrath as in the lead singer Sugar Ray? Maybe he was drunk or something.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

McGrath has lost his mind ... I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to revitalize that rock opera that Styx did in the 80's (remember?!).

There have been a ton in music .. especially when a producer tries to take an underground genre .. then "pop it up" and make it accessable to the masses. Sometimes you don't notice (Fiona Apple, Sugar Hill Gang, Milli Vanilli (before the big secret was let out)), but other times its blatently obvious and goes down in music history (Billy Ray Cyrus, Geraldo, 98 degrees).

My other favorite disaster, is when established acts, try to branch out or change their image .. but go WAY overboard and become hilariously awful. Garth Brooks as Chris Gaines anyone? MC Hammer as (big, bad ghetto) Hammer? Elton John getting married to a woman??! Rapper Ice-T as a singer in a speed metal band? Jefferson Airplane as Starship?

Last but not least .. Rosanne and the national anthem.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    David Bowie singing with Bing Crosby on a christamas special , When the Stones went Disco , The movie Sgt Pepper's lonly Hearts Club Band, Any cast member of Surreal Life looking to revive their career.

Oh my, Broadway!! That cover is HORRIBLE!

Remakes. I hate bands covering other bands' songs. The original is always the best.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Half the time there seems to be no valid reason to cover an old song anyway, other than to try and make some quick cash.

Jessica Simpson's covers of Take My Breath Away and Angels were criminal, CRIMINAL, I TELL YOU!!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Jessica Simpson's covers of Take My Breath Away and Angels were criminal, CRIMINAL, I TELL YOU!!
    fluff, you're a Robbie fan, right? Well, I am and let me tell you I nearly fell out of my chair when I first heard her version of Angels. Especially when she belted it out at the MTV awards... oh dear lord of the rings.

A crime in music? How about David Hasselhoff? Wasn't he supposed to "hook up" with Ice- T and become Hassel the Hoff? Maybe that project got put on hold because of his arrest.

I can't say I'm a huge Robbie fan, but I did once go to a Take That concert.
    I think I must have been in my 20's too.
    No excuse really, they were just so cute.

Simpson just has a way of singing that really annoys me.
    That song she had about not wearing anything but a t-shirt (whatever the hell she was cattawalling about) I just hate the way she sings "now that I'm with yewwwwwww".
    Ugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast