+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prince

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar

Prince

I saw Prince on Thursday the 9th. Im still blown away. It was the most amazing and mesmerizing concert I have ever been to, and Ive been to alot.
    I knew the man was a genius and could play the guitar...but I was Not ready for it. He played the acoustic guitar so beautifully. I cant even describe how good it was.
    It was like one huge party. He had people from the audience come on stage to dance...His band was amazing.
    The crowd was so diverse, Blacks, Whites, Asians and Latinos, Old people, Young people, straights and gays, couples, and singles...freaks and geeks...It was awesome!
    What a talented guy. And sexy....(my hubby says hes tiny enough to put in your pocket!)
    He danced in his stiletto boots like it was 1999!!
    ANd the best part was Morris Day and the Time opened for him!!!!!
    My stomach literally was hurting I was so excited! When he came up from out of the stage...I couldnt stand it....
    ANd of course he sang my favorite..."When Doves Cry"

Has anybody seen this Musicology Concert??? GO see it if you havent.
    Is anyone else here a Prince fan?
    What are your favorite Prince songs?
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I've always loved Prince, but I've never seen him live. I wish I could've when he came here but I had already been to several other concerts recently and couldn't justify another one so soon after the last one.

I love all the old favorites like "When Doves Cry", "1999", "Little Red Corvette", " Sign of the Times", "Housequake" "Kiss"... I could go on and on. He is an incredibly talented musician. To see him AND Morris Day and the Time would be wonderful.
    Last edited by Dinahann; 09-11-2004 at 02:52 PM.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Tallulah, I'm so glad you had a great time at the show! I've been jealous that you were going ever since I decided to skip his concerts that were down here. Guess I'm left hoping for a second run thru our area, or atleast crossing my fingers for one!

I've seen Prince twice. One was a birthday show of his at his former South Beach club, The Glam Slam, where his wife at the time Mayte opened up for him (this was right before the release of the Gold album). That was an incredible show! Very intimate, and I had prime (mucho dinero!) tickets and made it up to the 2nd row of our general admission seating. I also saw him at a larger arena show (the Emancipation tour) with Graham Central Station opening. It was good and all, and the crowd exactly like you described...a little bit of every walk of life, but there was nothing that will ever compare to seeing him live in a small venue so close up!

Most of the songs that I like of his aren't necessarily the more popular ones....17 Days, She's Always In My Hair, I Love U In Me, I Wanna Be Your Lover....yeah, my set of The Hits/The B Sides gets a good workout! The ultimate Prince album for me though is Gold....probably cause that's my best memory of him, from the Gold tour concert, but the album truly is amazing! It's out of print now, but if you can find it, it's definitely worth a listen! (mine was bought off EBay as a Christmas gift for me last year) There's also a great side project from when he was operating as O+> (symbol man) but is under the name NPG called Exodus....some really good stuff on that album as well including another of my all time favorites, The Good Life.

Libs, My hubby's favorite is "I wanna be your Lover" as well.

I remember waiting in line for tickets to see him 4 years ago in a small club called Ruby Skyes. My girlfriend and I waited for 3 hours. It was so depressing when we couldnt get any.

Im going to see if I can find the Gold album...thanks for telling me!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Tallaluh -- I was actually invited to this concert last Thursday, but I was sicker than a dog. My friend didn't tell me where it was, but I'm guessing it was somewhere in the Bay Area?

DAMN. I would have loved to have gone.

Jewels, Girlfriend, you would have LOVED it!!! It was at the Oakland Coliseum. It was in the round, which was perfect.
    Im sorry you were sick. Are you feeeling better? *Hugs Jewelsy*

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    DANG!!! Yep, I'm feeling MUCH better, but Thursday was the worst day. My head was so stuffed up I wouldn't have been able to hear anyway, plus I just felt like crap.

I've never seen/heard him play live before, and I absolutely LOVE him. Hopefully next time.

Tallulah, be careful with what you may pay for Gold! I've seen it in used record stores going for as high as $100. When I saw that I asked my friend that got it for me what he paid, and he assured me not that much, but finally came clean and said he caught it for $30.

ooh, LOVE prince. LOVE HIM.

my first concert when i was in 8th grade was the Purple Rain tour. then i went and saw his greatest hits/last time i'm singing anything sexual and/or profane tour in 2000 or early 2001. then i went to the musicology tour earlier this year. he is just an amazing performer. you can't help but stand up and dance the entire time. and it's funny how such a tiny little man can be brim full of sexuality. i'd LOVE to put him in my pocket!

i was pumped that at this concert he sang the entire song "seven." he's never performed it in concert when i've seen him in the past and i adore that song.

Jay
    My favorite songs are from the Purple Rain soundtrack (Purple Rain, Let's Go Crazy and When Doves Cry). I am disappointed His Purpleness didn't come to Montreal in the latest tour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast