+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prince

I still love his Dirty Mind Album. I think he is amazing.

Thats the cool thing about Prince ... you can meet 100's of fans, and they will all have different "favorite albums". I actually liked 'Graffitti Bridge' (the soundtrack.. not the movie ). the best .... I saw him in concert when he "cameback" (99? 98?), I was disappointed because he played all his "hits" in about a 12 minute medly ... sort of a letdown. His new concerts sound fantastic.

I love Prince! Unfortunately, I have never gotten to see him perform live He was here back in Feb or March & I couldn't get tickets, then he came back through for a second time & I didn't even know about it until the day after the show.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Newbie
    Prince, in my opinion, is one of the best live performers out there. The first time I saw him was 10 years ago when he opened Glam Slam in South Beach. It was a small venue so it was a prime setting. The most recent time was a few months ago on this Musicology tour. Tallulah, you described the experience to a "T." The acoustic set was my favorite part - when he did Little Red Corvette, I had chills! Same when he sang Purple Rain...

I am so jealous of all you people who have seen Prince live. He came to Grand Rapids MI a month or so ago. I was on ticketmaster and found tickets for sale really close that they had just released. I really wanted to buy them but I already had plans for the weekend that could not be changed. I am still kicking myself over missing this event! I have loved Prince for a long time, one of my favorite songs is Let's Go Crazy!

My wife and I went to his concert in Boston, she works for Reebok and got 2nd row seats the day of the concert free!!! So we go to the show ( my wife has been in love with him for 20 years and it was also her birthday) we are waiting for the show to start and right before Prince takes the stage we notice these huge security guards walking around, pointing at people. So they point in my wifes direction and next thing you know her and a co-worker are told that they had been picked to dance on stage with Prince later in the show. My wife was so excited she had to go to the bathroom 5 times before she got on stage. While she was on stage, Prince took her hand during " Take me with you" and had her sing. I have never been happier for her in my life. It was the best show I have ever seen live. I think my wife is...... yeah, she's still talking about it.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    aliasmq....what a fabulous experience! Your wife is one lucky girl!!! I love how you said you have never been happier fore her in your life! How Sweet!

Im glad you think it was the best show you have ever seen....Hes amazing!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Drain my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    I saw Prince on Thursday the 9th. Im still blown away. It was the most amazing and mesmerizing concert I have ever been to, and Ive been to alot.
    I knew the man was a genius and could play the guitar...but I was Not ready for it. He played the acoustic guitar so beautifully. I cant even describe how good it was.
    It was like one huge party. He had people from the audience come on stage to dance...His band was amazing.
    The crowd was so diverse, Blacks, Whites, Asians and Latinos, Old people, Young people, straights and gays, couples, and singles...freaks and geeks...It was awesome!
    What a talented guy. And sexy....(my hubby says hes tiny enough to put in your pocket!)
    He danced in his stiletto boots like it was 1999!!
    ANd the best part was Morris Day and the Time opened for him!!!!!
    My stomach literally was hurting I was so excited! When he came up from out of the stage...I couldnt stand it....
    ANd of course he sang my favorite..."When Doves Cry"

Has anybody seen this Musicology Concert??? GO see it if you havent.
    Is anyone else here a Prince fan?
    What are your favorite Prince songs?
    I got to see his last show of the Musicology Tour. He played in Philadelphia at the Wachovia Center. It was amazing. Exactly how you described is how I felt. The ppl around us were phenomenal. Morris Day & The Time opened for him as well and Patti LaBelle was there and got on stage and sang a song with Prince. It was by far the best night of my life. Thank you for this thread. I'm now happy.

My favorite Prince song is 7. But I'm a fan of all the others. Raspberry Beret, Little Red Corvette, Delerious, Let's Get Crazy, When Doves Cry, Purple Rain, etc etc etc etc ... yus, he's spectacular.
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

I like his lesser known songs, I Could Never Take The Place of Your Man, Erotic City, Diamonds and Pearls and Hot Thing.

i'm not a prince fan but 'when doves cry' and 'purple rain' are a great songs.

have any of you seen Chappelle's Show skit on Prince? HILARIOUS

"Game... blouses..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast