+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Songs that make you cry

Re: Songs that make you cry

"Landslide" - the original Fleetwood Mac version or the more recent live version Stevie recorded. Not a fan of the Dixie Chicks cover.

I heard Don Henley's "The Heart of the Matter" the other day and just lost it. Reminds me of an old love.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

These have probably been mentioned so many times, but the two songs that have made me cry on numerous occasions are 'The Power of Love' by Celine Dion and 'You Raise Me Up' by Josh Groban.

Well, there was this one song called 'Will You Go To Prom With Me' [And dance, and dance and dance...] I cried at that song, because of all that screaming at the end. I was in tears, and my ears hurt for the rest of the day...
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

--

"Asleep" - The Smiths
    "Needle in the Hay" - Elliott Smith
    Giselle: I need to build some frickin' confidence! How do I do that?
    Elyse: You .. get out of puberty.

MRD

This is going to sound lame as its not a popular or even a "new" song.

But yesterday in church, they had bagpipes and played Amazing Grace. The hymn makes me tear up anyway, but for some reason, hearing it on the pipes is even worse.

Always and Forever by Luther Vandross does it too. Reminds me of a close friend that died.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2374194;

But yesterday in church, they had bagpipes and played Amazing Grace. The hymn makes me tear up anyway, but for some reason, hearing it on the pipes is even worse.

Always and Forever by Luther Vandross does it too. Reminds me of a close friend that died.
    When my dad died, my cousin played Amazing Grace on the fiddle at the church and then because it was a police officer's funeral, they played Amazing Grace on the bagpipes at the cemetary and let me tell you....to me, there is nothing more lonesome sounding than either a fiddle or the bagpipes playing that song. Beautiful but so sad and lonesome sounding.......to this day, even without thinking about my dad, if I hear either of those instruments playing that song, I burst into heaving sobs and major goosebumps.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2380632;
    When my dad died, my cousin played Amazing Grace on the fiddle at the church and then because it was a police officer's funeral, they played Amazing Grace on the bagpipes at the cemetary and let me tell you....to me, there is nothing more lonesome sounding than either a fiddle or the bagpipes playing that song. Beautiful but so sad and lonesome sounding.......to this day, even without thinking about my dad, if I hear either of those instruments playing that song, I burst into heaving sobs and major goosebumps.........
    You can add a lone bugle playing Taps to that too. I can't hear either song played without crying. My FIL had a full military funeral and when they played Taps on the Bugle, I just about lost it. I hear it on tv and get the same way.

And at church it was a celebration of Scottish Heritage, not a sad day at all and there I sat with tears streaming down my face.

The Pipes sound so lonesome anyway, unless its a full band. One piper by himself is kind of lonesome and sad, but I recently got to see an entire band of pipes and drums play and talk about moving, but not sad, moving in a way that you want to jump up and fight or something! Of course, they were also playing Scotland the Brave which is a battle march!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Arlington by Trace Adkins is a real tear-jerker

After attending my great aunt's funeral today...
    On Eagle's Wings

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2374194;

There used to be a band that played at the Canadian Pavillion in EPCOT center at Walt Disney World. They wore kilts & the long socks & the whole outfit. They called themselves Off Kilter & the most amazing thing about them was the guy that played bagpipes. Believe it or not he played Rock & Roll bagpipes. I have seen him play the lead note for note on the bagpipes that the guitarists from Skynyrd played on Freebird. It was the most unbelievable thing to see watch this guy, they were an incredibly talented group & really fun to watch. Sorry for going off topic, but the bagpipe thing got me reminiscing.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2380951;
    You can add a lone bugle playing Taps to that too. I can't hear either song played without crying. My FIL had a full military funeral and when they played Taps on the Bugle, I just about lost it.
    Same here. When they did the 21 gun salute and played Taps on the bugle at my dad's funeral, I totally lost it. I can't even thing about it without tearing up.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread