+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Songs that make you cry

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    Jeff Buckley's rendition of "Hallelujah" will make me practically sob every single time I listen to it. It's like kryptonite.

Also, The Decemberists' "The Crane Wife 1 and 2" and "Sons and Daughters" and "The Infanta" and "The Bagman's Gambit" and "Eli, the Barrow Boy" and... oh, hell, just say a crapload of Decemberists songs. And about half the Cure's Disintegration CD. And a lot of stuff by Arcade Fire.
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2215911;
    Same, here. I watch the video and it breaks my heart. I have a personal connection to the song and the video. One of my best friends was murdered almost 15 years ago and I can remember feeling exactly the way the girl in the video did when I first found out. I didn't want to believe it. Rascal Flatts always has the best songs! Well, not just them.
    Oh wow, I am very sorry to hear that happened. Rascal Flatts knows just how to tug the heart strings. And tug them hard.

yes they do.
    TY for your sympathies. To this day there are still songs that I can't listen to because they remind me of him. Like What A Wonderful World because that was his favorite song.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I've got more, lol. and some remind me of mom still. She died last June.

A friend of mine who might be more than that if we could meet (he lives in the UK) gave me a cd for Christmas by the Verve, an English band no longer together. Two songs on that cd make me cry: "Sonnet" and "The Drugs Don't Work". "Sonnet" tells of a man's love for a woman who only considers him a friend. Hint, hint...lol. Both songs are beautiful.

Somebody mentioned HIM's "The Path"..that's one too, along with "Close to the Flame" and their version of "Don't Fear the Reaper".

lily

I Is Stephanie
    Nickelback's If Eveeryonee Cared, not becuase of anything in particular, I think it's just a beautiful melody with powerful lyrics.

If everyone cared, and nobody cried
    If everyone loved, and nobody lied
    If everyone shared, and swallowed their pride,
    then we'd see a day
    when
    nobody
    died.
    And I'm singing
    Amen, I,
    Amen, I, I'm alive...
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

i really never cry, but last night, i was watching a live version of radiohead-street spirit and the crowd was singing along and it was so beautiful
    my eyes felt watery through the whole thing
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Kelly Clarkson - Because of You

Hit me really hard the first few times I really listened to it - especially when coupled with the video.

Bryan Adams- Please forgive me

It`s a good sad song

Quote Originally Posted by nikkidancer;2242013;
    Kelly Clarkson - Because of You
    Hit me really hard the first few times I really listened to it - especially when coupled with the video.
    That one still kills me every time.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Sweet Beulah Land - hymm

Not An Addict - K's Choice

+ Reply to Thread