Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Songs that make you cry

"What A Wonderful World"
    "How Can I Help You Say Goodbye"
    "The Baby"
    "God's Will" by Martina McBride
    all kinds of Christmas songs like "Oh Holy Night" and "Silent Night"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

That's Carrie. She's hot. Amazing Fanatic's Avatar
    I especially think "When She Loved Me" by Sarah McLachlan. It was in the Toy Story 2 movie. It will make you want to play with your toys again.

Premium Member
    "Godspeed" by the Dixie Chicks. It was the 'mother-son dance' song at my son's wedding. I so miss having little boys in the house.

"Come Some Rainy Day" by Wynonna. That song came on the radio while I was driving my 17 year old dog Brandy to the vet for the last time. "We move on.. put those dreams away.. hoping that we'll find them.. come some rainy day."

"I Miss My Friend" by Darrell Worley. The day after my golden retriever Luke was killed I stopped in the vet to pay the bill. Of course I was bawling anyway.. but when I got back in the car I was reading the receipt while I turned on the car and read the words "Luke - canine - cremation". I think I sat there for 5 minutes just sobbing.

"Pomp and Circumstance".. that always gets me all choked up. Especially at both my son's graduations.

That's Carrie. She's hot. Amazing Fanatic's Avatar
    That must be terrible, Marleybone. I love my cocker spaniel a lot, and you just wish they could live forever don't you?

Details by Robert Downey Jr

Never say goodbye - bon jovi
    Graduation - vitamin c
    Dreaming of you - Selena
    Because you love me - Celine Dion
    How did I fall in love with u - Backstreet Boys
    Miss u in a heartbeat - Def Leppard
    Have u ever - Brandi
    A world without u - Emma Bunton
    That's when I'll stop loving u - Nsync

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Fanatic
    That must be terrible, Marleybone. I love my cocker spaniel a lot, and you just wish they could live forever don't you?
    It's the hardest thing about having pets. You always know that someday your heart will be broken... but I wouldn't trade one single minute with them.

Now.. back on topic, I thought of some more songs:

You're Gone - Diamond Rio
    One More Day - Diamond Rio
    I Believe - Diamond Rio
    Still Holding Out For You - SHeDAISY
    Since You've Asked - Dan Fogelberg & Tim Weisberg
    Leader of the Band - Dan Fogelberg
    Same Old Lang Syne - Dan Fogelberg
    Old Tennessee - Dan Fogelberg
    Longer - Dan Fogelberg
    Rhythm of the Rain - Dan Fogelberg
    For Baby (For Bobbie) - John Denver
    The Gift You Are - John Denver
    For You - John Denver
    Here Without You - Third Door Down
    Heaven Can Wait - Meatloaf
    Beautiful In My Eyes - Joshua Kadison
    Travelin' Soldier - Dixie Chicks
    If You Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightfoot

Geez.. I could sit here all night long and think of more but I'm tired now.

i've either lost my mind, my post was deleted, or there are 2 threads on this. but here's mine again:

everybody's free (to wear sunscreen) by baz lurhmann. here's why:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of '99: Wear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh never mind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years youíll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you canít grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.

Youíre not as fat as you imagine.

Donít worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing everyday that scares you.

Sing.

Donít be reckless with other peopleís hearts; donít put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Donít waste your time on jealousy; sometimes youíre ahead; sometimes youíre behind; the race is long, and in the end itís only with yourself.

Remember the compliments you receive; forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters; throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Donít feel guilty if you donít know what to do with your life; the most interesting people I know didnít know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives; some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still donít.

Get plenty of calcium.

Be kind to your knees; youíll miss them when theyíre gone.

Maybe youíll marry -- maybe you wonít. Maybe youíll have children -- maybe you wonít. Maybe youíll divorce at 40 -- maybe youíll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, donít congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either -- your choices are half chance; so are everybody elseís.

Enjoy your body; use it every way you can. Donít be afraid of it, or what other people think of it. Itís the greatest instrument youíll ever own.

Dance -- even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you donít follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines; they will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents; youíll never know when theyíll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography, in lifestyle, because the older you get the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard;

live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths: prices will rise; politicians will philander; you too will get old, and when you do youíll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble, and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Donít expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund; maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Donít mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia: dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than itís worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    i've either lost my mind, my post was deleted, or there are 2 threads on this. but here's mine again:
    You haven't lost your mind, there are 2 threads on this. I thought the same thing yesterday when I couldn't find my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    You haven't lost your mind, there are 2 threads on this. I thought the same thing yesterday when I couldn't find my post.
    oh, ok...odd. i was a bit confused here for a minute (or two).
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

+ Reply to Thread