+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Future One Hit Wonders

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Does "She Bang" by William Hung count?

Torley Wong sings a song! Torley Wong's Avatar
    I had never heard of Nina Sky before but I'll have to check them out. I know Amy Sky though, and she's quite the stalwart among amorous housewives.

Nina Sky is potential One-hit wonder status...

I am going to agree completely with Fountains of Wayne as well.. while I like the song, its just funny, and probably nothing they could get away from...

I really think Los Lonely boys will probably be up there, but I hardly even consider their song a big hit.. it just kind of hit the radar...

JoJo is really going to have to work hard to NOT become a one-hit wonder too.. she had one REALLY popular song, and she can't just go with just that...

There is a group with a song called Broken, they are named Seether, their song is gaining air play big time, and really is a good song, but it features Amy Lee, for those not familiar with the name she is the singer from Evanesence.. and I really like her, but I find that I only like the song because she is featured in it... so I wonder how they will do with their next single.. but if Broken isn't getting massive air time on your radio, expect it to with in about a month.. its going to be big,... Honestly, I thought it was StainD with Amy, but it was this Seether band I've never heard of...

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    JoJo is really going to have to work hard to NOT become a one-hit wonder too.. she had one REALLY popular song, and she can't just go with just that...
    JoJo's new song with Bow Wow is doing good, so I don't think she will be a one hit wonder.

PSi
    I doubt Eamon will...since it's what, 8 months later, and this is the first i've even heard about him in 6 monhts...

I think Nina Sky, Darkness (who have already vanished into thin air)... Christina Milian, JoJo, Fountains of Wayne and Five for Fighting (both of whom have done nothing for a year now...), Lumidee, The Ataris

and the definition of a one hit wonder- Los Lonely Boys

Basically, just look up those Now That's what i call music! CDs,...and you'll see about half of the songs on the CD are one hit wonders...

Definately NOT jojo. she's great! Baby It's You is doing pretty well. And she's on the shark tales soundtrack.
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    Nina Sky is potential One-hit wonder status...

I am going to agree completely with Fountains of Wayne as well.. while I like the song, its just funny, and probably nothing they could get away from...

I really think Los Lonely boys will probably be up there, but I hardly even consider their song a big hit.. it just kind of hit the radar...

There is a group with a song called Broken, they are named Seether, their song is gaining air play big time, and really is a good song, but it features Amy Lee, for those not familiar with the name she is the singer from Evanesence.. and I really like her, but I find that I only like the song because she is featured in it... so I wonder how they will do with their next single.. but if Broken isn't getting massive air time on your radio, expect it to with in about a month.. its going to be big,... Honestly, I thought it was StainD with Amy, but it was this Seether band I've never heard of...

Seether has already had a previous hit last year.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Did they really? oh missed it I guess.. lol..

I really would like to put Christina Aquilera and her dumb Carwash song on here because its big, and if anyone else who had not already had hits before did the song like she did.. it'd be a one-hit wonder for sure... I could really see it crash and burn her career because the whole song is not suited for her in even a remote sense... and lets just throw Missy Elliot in because its fun.... riiiiiight...

Quote Originally Posted by JenTheSurvivah!
    I thought of another one that might join the list (even though I hate to do it because I love the song to pieces)...

"I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by the Darkness

*hides behind a rock*

So NOT a one hit-wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by JenTheSurvivah!
    I thought of another one that might join the list (even though I hate to do it because I love the song to pieces)...

"I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by the Darkness

*hides behind a rock*

I really love this song!!
    There's a British guy called Lemar who did a "soul" version of the song. It's VERY different, but I love it just as much. You should be able to at least find a clip of it somewhere online
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast